Who do you think NU's next head coach will be?

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for Pelini...for my own reasons, but based on the fact that our OC will implement an offense "appropriate for Nebraska Football."

That's one of the things for me, BP has proven that he can coach a defense to excellence; while TG has Nebraska history, tradition and the turnaround of Buffalo Football. If TG was hired as HC...whom would/could he hire to again make our defense excellent?

I'm on the ropes fellas. And, I know, I shouldn't limit myself to those two guys -- "with all the possible coaches out there." In my opinion, I just see these two as the most likely candidates.

P.S. How does Jim Grobe even make our list of potential candidates? His record at WF is 37-35, even Bill Callahan has him beat...and he's been there for six years?

P.S. How does Jim Grobe even make our list of potential candidates? His record at WF is 37-35, even Bill Callahan has him beat...and he's been there for six years?

I just put all the coaches that have been talked about the last few weeks in there & I've heard Grobe's name mentioned a couple time.

I guess I should have rephrased my statement.

I've seen Grobe's name pop-up on numerous posts prior to this one....that's what I intended to convey.

I just put all the coaches that have been talked about the last few weeks in there & I've heard Grobe's name mentioned a couple time.

I guess I should have rephrased my statement.

I've seen Grobe's name pop-up on numerous posts prior to this one....that's what I intended to convey.

Agreed, I don't want Jim Grobe either

I voted "Other." While speculation about Pelini is fun and all, there is as yet nothing to make anyone think BP will succeed BC. "Bogasms" aside, the guy is untested and perhaps unqualified for the job.

I personally think Frank Solich has as good of a chance of returning to coach again as Bo Pelini has of taking over.

IMO, Bo Pelini will be a HC next year. I have no idea where it will be, but he will be a HC somewhere. It might be A&M, NU, LSU if Miles leaves, etc. Bob Stoops had no experience, but $ Byrne wanted to bring him here to succeed TO. Mangino had no experience, but he's done pretty good at KU. TO had no experience, but I think he did pretty well following "The Bobfather".

I voted "Other." While speculation about Pelini is fun and all, there is as yet nothing to make anyone think BP will succeed BC. "Bogasms" aside, the guy is untested and perhaps unqualified for the job.

I personally think Frank Solich has as good of a chance of returning to coach again as Bo Pelini has of taking over.

Everyones untested until they get a chance HC job. Even T.O. was untested before he became head coach of Nebraska.

The poll was who people think will get the head coach not who is popular.

Everyones untested until they get a chance HC job. Even T.O. was untested before he became head coach of Nebraska.

The poll was who people think will get the head coach not who is popular.

It is inherently a popularity contest because none of us know the answer. Bo P is the flavor of the month, but he's no more likely to be our next HC than Solich, or anyone else for that matter, as far as we all know now. So everyone is left to guess, and their guesses are based on what? Conjecture springing from popularity, that's what.