Dont touch the Goal posts!

JHaWk

No way the goal posts will be wired. Probably illegal, irresponsible, negligent, and downright dangerous. It is a stupid custom and I wouldn't want my kid doing it but that has got to be a rumor with nothing behind it. Kansas is not that stupid.

yes it is just a rumor and highly doubt that its true, but it just makes me worry that some of my fellow drunk students will attempt to rush the field

The fact that this rumor is even out suggest that the posts will be torn down

I want KU to have some class as we have not shown for a while

Also has the goal posts at Memorial Stadium ever been torn down? Just wondering

I don't think the KU fan is serious about us doing that. All I know is thanks to SP and BC, we are no longer tear-down-goal-posts worthy. Against the 10th best team in the conference? I don't think so.

10th? We're just lucky that we don't have to play Baylor this year. :D

To any visiting Husker fan coming to Lawrence

Dont touch the Goal posts, I hear that they will be electrified, so that no students try to tear

down the goal posts this year..I am sure some drunk college kids will try however

GBR and Rock chalk jayhawk

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

BEAT KU!!

yes it is just a rumor and highly doubt that its true, but it just makes me worry that some of my fellow drunk students will attempt to rush the field

The fact that this rumor is even out suggest that the posts will be torn down

I want KU to have some class as we have not shown for a while

Also has the goal posts at Memorial Stadium ever been torn down? Just wondering

'94 against colorado is the only time i can recall recently.

Unless it's a Nebraska team that defeats Oklahoma or an Texas team that has no losses at home I can see no reason for Husker fan to ever tear down goal post.

There's no reason ever IMO to tear down a goal post. Regardless of who we beat, act like we've been there before

...and that we will be there again. :)

I know this will sound arrogant, but here it goes. Nebraska just isn't a tear-down-the-goalposts program, even when we suck. And no team should ever be a tear-down-the-goalposts program on the road. As far as I can tell, tearing down the goalposts seems to me to be more of a venting of frustration than jubilation action. In other words, Baylor could tear down their posts after beating a good Big XII team at home because they've always been crushed by that team. But a traditional powerhouse like Nebraska wouldn't tear down the posts just because it's experiencing a few down years. If we beat USC earlier this year I would've been very disappointed if our fans tore down the posts. But, again, it's never okay to do this on the road - ever.