IMO these things are freaking ridiculous. I had one on either side of me this morning on my way to work. One driver was the blond soccer mom type and the other was an overweight middle aged looking man, he was talking on his cell phone while driving so he was probably really important.... These people make my blood boil, why the H--L do people need mammoth vehicles like these!?!?

Oh and those Hummer limos, I have to laugh every time I see one. I mean come on, what's the point??? Their just stupid, how can you not think those things are stupid? What prom date wouldn't be impressed?

Any thoughts?

God I hate the yellow ones!!!

I think the H2 is just plain stupid. I'm sure it's quite a capable vehicle, but it's just a beefed up Tahoe. The people who drive them are just doing it for the image. There's a real estate agent who drives one in my building, now he's got a big for sale sign on it, :rollin

The H1 is pretty bad ass, and it has its place. It's pretty kick ass off-road because the military wanted it for that. (inboard brakes, high ground clearance, gear reduction hubs, ect). The H2 has none of that. Of course there's people who drive the H1 that shouldn't either. I could see having one if you were a serious off-roader or you had a large farm or construction business that would need something like that. If you have one of those though, you'll buy something for durability, not image. And of course, you could buy a couple heavy duty pickups for that price.

As for me, I drive a 1/2 Dodge 4x4 pickup. It's probably a little more than I need, but I actually do use it quite a bit. I own an interest in part of the family farm, so I'm out there on some weekends, and I'm usually the one who ends up hauling cattle. I've helped quite a few people move, including myself. My toolbox from work weighs about 800 lbs, wouldn't do too well in a car. I like having a full size truck because it'll haul a lot of things that mid-size trucks and SUV's won't. It does eat a lot of gas, but a hell of a lot less than those H2's, even when towing.

Anyway, that's my two cents :)

Oh and those Hummer limos, I have to laugh every time I see one. I mean come on, what's the point??? Their just stupid, how can you not think those things are stupid? What prom date wouldn't be impressed?

I used to drive by a limo when I was a kid and be like "wow, I wonder if the people inside are famous." Now I just say "wow, that guy has 80 bucks."

There's a real estate agent who drives one in my building, now he's got a big for sale sign on it,

Now thats funny. Real estate agent is all you had to say. Those people are a different lot. Most are pretty pretentious and "socially concerned" with everyone and everything, which explains the hummer. And now when they arent a novelty anymore they have to sell it b/c they dont have that "cool feeling" anymore, and as a result probably are losing about 10K. So good. :rollin

I used to drive by a limo when I was a kid and be like "wow, I wonder if the people inside are famous." Now I just say "wow, that guy has 80 bucks."

LOL

:rollin:rollin

• 1 month later...
If i had the money to buya hummer...

I would buy a house instead.

You'd buy a $52,000 house?

Now if you had the $ to buy a 'real' Hummer you could buy a pretty nice house!

Most of these people probably don't have the money to buy a hummer, their husbands make enough to barely afford the payment.

If i had the money to buya hummer...

I would buy a house instead.

You'd buy a $52,000 house?

Now if you had the $ to buy a 'real' Hummer you could buy a pretty nice house!

if i had th money to buy a hummer priced house.

i'd jus buy the damn hummer and live in it. but i dont so i live in my Citation. :rickjames

• 2 weeks later...