LOL

It has come to the point where all I can do is laugh out loud. I am as big a Husker fan as anyone, so much so that I used to get so mad I would throw stuff or be PO'd for days after a Nebraska loss. I find as I have matured, it is not worth it. I am still and always will be a Husker fan, but under the current regime Husker football is dead as I have known it. There is no longer any reason to get mad or throw things, it has become very obvious that our coaches are only going through the motions. You can sense it in all things Nebraska Football. I find that all I can do now is laugh at the absurdity of what we have become the last 4 seasons. We are the laughing stock of college football right now, and instead of taking any responsibilty for it our current staff decides to practice "coach speak" instead of practicing coaching.

I know this seems like a doomsday post, however, the way I am looking at it is that 4 years ago Nebraska football as most of us remember it, DIED! Next season we will a experience the rebirth of the Huskers as we remember it. TO has to have seen enough. The change will be made, whether it is now or after the season ends, it will be made.

The most difficult part for the new coaches will be rebuilding the psyche of the players and the fans. Obviously it will be more important to the players since they actually play the game, but as we have seen this season, the players do feed off of the fans,whether positive or negative.

I will keep my head up, I will still cheer my heart out, and I will still wear my Red with pride, because I know the brighter days are ahead. We will return and when we do it will be that much sweeter because of what we are currently going through. :thumbs

It has come to the point where all I can do is laugh out loud. I am as big a Husker fan as anyone, so much so that I used to get so mad I would throw stuff or be PO'd for days after a Nebraska loss. I find as I have matured, it is not worth it. I am still and always will be a Husker fan, but under the current regime Husker football is dead as I have known it. There is no longer any reason to get mad or throw things, it has become very obvious that our coaches are only going through the motions. You can sense it in all things Nebraska Football. I find that all I can do now is laugh at the absurdity of what we have become the last 4 seasons. We are the laughing stock of college football right now, and instead of taking any responsibilty for it our current staff decides to practice "coach speak" instead of practicing coaching.

I know this seems like a doomsday post, however, the way I am looking at it is that 4 years ago Nebraska football as most of us remember it, DIED! Next season we will a experience the rebirth of the Huskers as we remember it. TO has to have seen enough. The change will be made, whether it is now or after the season ends, it will be made.

The most difficult part for the new coaches will be rebuilding the psyche of the players and the fans. Obviously it will be more important to the players since they actually play the game, but as we have seen this season, the players do feed off of the fans,whether positive or negative.

I will keep my head up, I will still cheer my heart out, and I will still wear my Red with pride, because I know the brighter days are ahead. We will return and when we do it will be that much sweeter because of what we are currently going through. :thumbs

something this bad, will take several years to fix. i hope we never see anything like this again, ever.

We have officially entered the dark dark days. We have major issues thanks to this coaching staff and the previous athletic director. We will be lucky to sign an recruits this year. Central HS in Omah is better then this team!

I was thinking of calling a suicide hotline! Its like watching a fricking train wreck ot the twin towers. Osbourn has to take action now!

Come on, Doom & Gloomers! With the right coaching staff in place this team can seriously make a 180-degree turn in one season. We have a LOT of talent on the field. Do not blame the players for this coaching staff's inability to properly utilize them.

You watch - next year, with the right coaching staff, this could be a scary good team.

Come on, Doom & Gloomers! With the right coaching staff in place this team can seriously make a 180-degree turn in one season. We have a LOT of talent on the field. Do not blame the players for this coaching staff's inability to properly utilize them.

You watch - next year, with the right coaching staff, this could be a scary good team.

It will take more than a year to put in a new system. The players that are playing now, will have to be deprogrammed and retrained in basic fundamentals. This is not a one year fix.

It will take more than a year to put in a new system. The players that are playing now, will have to be deprogrammed and retrained in basic fundamentals. This is not a one year fix.

Maybe it'll take two years. But it's not going to take another four, that's for sure.

I can guarantee you that this team will be remarkably better with the same players simply by changing coaches.

The bottom line of what I'm getting at is that it's not the players' fault. It's the coaches' fault. Getting new coaches will make a world of difference.

:yeah

Might be a chance to be respectable within two years, but I would be surprised if we can challenge in the Big 12 North for another 3-4 years.

You are dead wrong...there is not a lot of "talent" on this football team...good talented players would be able to make plays pretty much regardless of how f'ed up the coaches are...average and below average talent NEEDS good coaching...we have average and below average talent on this team....they NEED good coaching...we don't have good coaching, therefore we SUCK

something this bad, will take several years to fix. i hope we never see anything like this again, ever.

i agree completely with your assessment that this debacle will take several years to fix. hopefully we are the bottom of this conrhusker recession.

Look, I'm sorry if you people have no concept of what a football program should be beyond what you watch on TV every Saturday, but anyone who thinks this Husker team has no talent is an idiot, plain and simple.

Further, anyone who thinks that simply having talent will make up for an entire coaching staff's stupid philosophy is also an idiot. This team is fully of very talented players. Unfortunately, this coaching staff has no idea what they're doing, and that will negate talent 100% of the time.

Here's an analogy for those of you who don't know much about much: Let's say I'm baking a cake and making my own frosting. I buy all the best ingredients, but I put the cake flour in the frosting bowl and the lard for the frosting into the cake batter.

Still think it's going to turn out OK?

Get it?

We have talent. Not tons, and we're not LSU or Oklahoma. I'm not saying that. I'm saying that there are great players on this team, on offense and defense, but no matter how good these players are this coaching staff will NEVER allow them to play to their potential.

And anyone who thinks it will take multiple years to turn this team around is an idiot. Look what Bob Stoops did with Oklahoma in ONE YEAR. He took a team that had three straight losing seasons and in his first year went 7-5 and went to a bowl game. Anyone care to guess what he did in his second year there?

Don't tell me it'll take years and years to turn this team around. It's been done before and it can happen here.