Embarrassing firsts

macroboy

I'm 35. In my lifetime I've never seen anything like this. Thought maybe I'd start a thread to list all of the embarrassing firsts this coaching staff has so graciously given husker nation.

The first is a 5-6 season. I'd never seen a losing season as a Nebraska fan. I wrote it off to new system, old players. Deep down I felt like a better coaching staff could've taken what was a 10 win team and still won the weak Big 12 North that year.

Your turn.

This is the worst team since those crappy teams Nebraska had in the '50's...

I really feel like as fans ages 25+, we are products of our environment. Some of us, like me, were never around back in the early and mid 60's when we were a bad team. We grew up and even when we were "terrible," we were at least 9-3. As a fan, I really feel like crap when a small contingency of our fan base is just acting like a bunch of spoiled brats. I read this crap about, "boycott games" and all this and I start to wonder if our "best fans in America" label has been tarnished. This season is definately the worst I've seen, and there is no excuse for it. However, when supposed fans stop wearing their gear and refuse association with the team, that pisses me off. Some fans are straight up saying "F*** Nebraska." Come on folks, you can say F*** the coaches all you want but don't dis the team that you grew up on. I hope for two things to come out of this season for us, the fans. Number One: Hopefully all of the fairweather fans will get lost and stop calling up and dissing. There is nothing more to complain about. The game today is just cause for a rehash of everything that we've already bitched about at length. Number Two: As a fan who grew up in the era of 9 win seasons, I hope myself and other fans who grew up post 1965 will have a greater appreciation for the team and the program once we are good again.

I agree with you 110%!. Once we fix this "train wreck" and fire the "conductor", these same fairweather fans will come running back and beating their chests again. You know like when they first became Husker fans.....After the 1994 season!

I really feel like as fans ages 25+, we are products of our environment. Some of us, like me, were never around back in the early and mid 60's when we were a bad team. We grew up and even when we were "terrible," we were at least 9-3. As a fan, I really feel like crap when a small contingency of our fan base is just acting like a bunch of spoiled brats. I read this crap about, "boycott games" and all this and I start to wonder if our "best fans in America" label has been tarnished. This season is definately the worst I've seen, and there is no excuse for it. However, when supposed fans stop wearing their gear and refuse association with the team, that pisses me off. Some fans are straight up saying "F*** Nebraska." Come on folks, you can say F*** the coaches all you want but don't dis the team that you grew up on. I hope for two things to come out of this season for us, the fans. Number One: Hopefully all of the fairweather fans will get lost and stop calling up and dissing. There is nothing more to complain about. The game today is just cause for a rehash of everything that we've already bitched about at length. Number Two: As a fan who grew up in the era of 9 win seasons, I hope myself and other fans who grew up post 1965 will have a greater appreciation for the team and the program once we are good again.

I agree with you 110%!. Once we fix this "train wreck" and fire the "conductor", these same fairweather fans will come running back and beathing their chests again. You know like when they first became Husker fans.....After the 1994 season!

:clap:clap:clap