Embarrassing firsts

macroboy

I'm 35. In my lifetime I've never seen anything like this. Thought maybe I'd start a thread to list all of the embarrassing firsts this coaching staff has so graciously given husker nation.

The first is a 5-6 season. I'd never seen a losing season as a Nebraska fan. I wrote it off to new system, old players. Deep down I felt like a better coaching staff could've taken what was a 10 win team and still won the weak Big 12 North that year.

Your turn.

Well, going back a little ways . . .

62-36 against Colorado.

That wasn't this coaching staff, although it was embarassing. Going 7-7 under Solich was too.

Here's another: Getting beat by KU last time we went to Manhattan 40- 15 (I think)? We've already got 3-4 and we're not out of Cally's first year.

My biggest embarrassment is the COMPLETE collapse of the team THIS year after such a promising ending last year and such a good spring and fall.

I was vacationing in Utah and someone asked me about betting on NU this year. I said, "don't sell them short and always bet that they will beat the spead". BOY WAS I WRONG! :o

If there is anything I think a lot Husker fans and myself might agree upon would be, who said the option offense is dead? We won a NC on running the option, you guys won 3 in the 90's running, how has college football changed so mch in 10 years that you cannot line it up and run the football down people's throat? I hate the West Coast Offense, and I really cannot stand the spread offense.

^ Oops, this coaching staff? Sorry, I didn't catch that.

Losing to Southern Mississippi at home. As Dailey runs out of bounds on fourth down.

I forgot about that one. Nice work!

Losing to Iowa State that same year. we should never lose to Iowa State! Ever!

I was at that game. NO we should never lose to ISU, they make terrible winners. Bout as bad as some Husker fans are at losing.