Doesn't Dr. Tom have to break his word and fire Cally?

benphil

Dear Tom Osborne,

We understood your reasoning for keeping this staff the rest to the year when you were first hired as interim athletic director but things are in dire dire straits...desperate times call for desperate measures and you are now being made to look like a fool for NOT making a change right now.

Please get rid of Bill Callahan and Kevin Cosgrove NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

I think not making any moves now almost makes Dr. Tom look worse than breaking his word and waiting until the end of the season. The performance on the field, especially by the defense (can I really say we have one), is horrible. There is NOTHING that could happen in the next two games that would change any assessment of the coaching at this point. It STINKS!!!

EDIT: At least announce that the coaches will not return after the Colorado game...start the process now!

Dear Tom Osborne,

We understood your reasoning for keeping this staff the rest to the year when you were first hired as interim athletic director but things are in dire dire straits...desperate times call for desperate measures and you are now being made to look like a fool for NOT making a change right now.

sorry, i call bullsh#t! Dr. Tom IS NOT the one who looks foolish. he has his way of dealing with this, in his own way, classy, but painful. let it be!

Dear Tom Osborne,

sorry, i call bullsh#t! Dr. Tom IS NOT the one who looks foolish. he has his way of dealing with this, in his own way, classy, but painful. let it be!

:yeah

But he might feel the need to change directions before the end of the season. If he doesn't, so be it, I know he knows what he's doing. But he sure might...

Dear Tom Osborne,

To a point, I will agree with you because by leaving Callahan and Cosgrove in their for the rest of the year gaurantees that neither of them will EVER coach again anywhere...who the hell would hire these jackasses?

Dear Tom Osborne,

Yes they have provisions for victims to not have to face defendants in the courtroom, if the crime is unusually gruesome. Our players should not have to see either Callahan or Cosgrove again.

Yeah, do something. Send a message that this isn't OK at NU. I'm guessing he is a patient man looking at the big picture but even he has to be baffled and disgusted at what is happening.

I think that a very strong argument could be made that Cos is not trying anymore and as a result he needs to be removed. The D has certainly quit on him. They have no faith in the scheme or their teamates.

T.O. needs to make an announcement tomorrow (at the latest). He can say that he had every intention of waiting until the end of the season, but it is obvious that for the good of the program a change be made now.

Watson can be interim head coach for the last two games. We need to get someone hired ASAP and try to salvage some recruits.

I agree. This has got to stop.

That's right......this has to stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

I think TO needs to rethink his position. He couldn't have known it would come to this.

Since at least the Ball State game I think we all knew it would come to this. We've been through a lot, a few more weeks isn't going to kill us. Keeping your word is damn important. It's the first and most important step to restoring the order.

Yeah things are bad. But firing these coaches a couple weeks sooner is not going to make a big difference either way. It only would make Tom look bad in the coaching fraternity and say that his word means nothing. Then how does Tom convince new coaching and player recruits that his word means anything to them in these critical days ahead. Tom is taking the right and only acceptable approach.

Tom has been around the block once or twice.