An honest question about the defensive line.

HuskerT

I think I have two reasons for this.

1. It just doesn't apply to the d-line the entire d is 10 yards off the line. How else can you explain receivers that are that open.

2. If the d-line is any closer they will get called for another defensive offsides. I don't think I have seen that called this many times in my life. It seems like the skrs' get called every third series.

:hellloooo:nutz

My son came up with the idea of just not using a D-line at all. He also said we should get rid of the linebackers and just play 11 corners and safeties. His idea is that at least there would be someone back there to tackle the running back after he hits the hole at the line of scrimmage.

I said they can't do that because the running back would get 5-10 yards before anyone touched them....oh wait...that is what's happening now...never mind, my son was right. :bang

uh....you don't want them to get hurt do you? That is the same reason they don't have contact in practice, therefore don't know how to tackle anyone.

I heard a rumor that Nebraska is going to drop contact football and start an NCAA Div. I flag football conference next year... They are looking for a new head football coach for the program, any suggestions? Larry the Cable Guy is my first choice...at least then when we lose, it will be funny.