Would we go bowling if we beat CU??

RedCountry

I was wondering if anyone has heard for sure what the situation is, if we were to beat CU. Is it a definite that we would be eligible? From the sound of what Ive read we probably wouldnt be, but I know most everyone is talking like its a lock if we were to beat CU. What gives? Would an exception have to be made??

Required to be considered for bowl consideration:

13-game schedule: 7 wins (at least 6 vs. Div. I-A teams)*

12-game schedule: 6 wins (at least 6 vs. Div. I-A teams)**

11-game schedule: 6 wins (at least 6 vs. Div. I-A teams)*

*Under NCAA guidelines, a program is allowed to use one victory over a I-AA team every four years toward the necessary number of wins needed for bowl eligibility.

** 6-6 teams will be eligible for bowl games only if they are filing a conference slot and only if no teams are available from that conference with a better record.

In the event of an at-large opening, bowls are required to take a team with a winning record from another conference before taking a 6-6 at-large team.

In 2002 we played a 13 game regular season schedule and we achieved only 7 wins during those 13 games. One of those wins came against McNeese State. McNeese St. is and was a NCAA Div. I-AA. According to the rules above, we needed 7 wins to be bowl eligible, and if we used a win over a Div. I-AA team to do so, then we have to wait another 4 years before we can use another win over a Div. I-AA team to achieve bowl eligibility. Therefore, it appears this year's win over Div. I-AA Western Illinois may not count toward the necessary 6 wins needed for us to be bowl eligible this year.

I believe we will be. I read in the Weird Herald that Western Illinois is one of a handfull Div-I-AA team that counts for the bowl count.

The Tangerine Bowl has shown interest in the Huskers since early in the year. I don't know if they still are. I haven't heard much since then.

I am 99% sure that the win over Western Illinois will count towards the 6 wins.

I see we have a new resident here. ..Buffs62Huskers36, nice.

We have a lot of things going for us now, you sure about your predictions. We played our best game vs Missouri and handled them easily. Didn't CU lose to Mizzou.

Ross and Jackson are going to have a field day on the Buff D.

We have alot of things going for us? Like what? We lost to isu and got beat without even putting up a contest to ou. It should be a good game. I wouldn't be suprised if callahan comes out passing every down again.

We have a lot of things going for us now, you sure about your predictions.  We played our best game vs Missouri and handled them easily.  Didn't CU lose to Mizzou. 

We have alot of things going for us? Like what? We lost to isu and got beat without even putting up a contest to ou. It should be a good game. I wouldn't be suprised if callahan comes out passing every down again.

Home field advantage, the need to win to be bowl eligible - that's at least a couple of things.

We have a lot of things going for us now, you sure about your predictions.  We played our best game vs Missouri and handled them easily.  Didn't CU lose to Mizzou. 

Home field advantage, the need to win to be bowl eligible - that's at least a couple of things.

How about senior day, and maybe PRIDE!

The Huskers might as well not even show up since they have nothing to play for. :wacko: It is freakin COLORADO. I thik that should be enough to play for. Last time I checked this wasn't the first Nebraska team to lose to ISU. I think those other teams keep going after that.

The Huskers might as well not even show up since they have nothing to play for. :wacko: It is freakin COLORADO. I thik that should be enough to play for. Last time I checked this wasn't the first Nebraska team to lose to ISU. I think those other teams keep going after that.

I didn't say we didn't have alot to play for, I said we don't have alot going for us. We have just lost two in a row. We could easily have 3 wins. We have the worst record we have had in many many years. Yes we have alot to play for. No we don't have much going for us.

[

We have the worst record we have had in many many years.

Try 2 years. Does 7-7 ring a bell?

Are you saying this year isn't worse than that? Gosh it is for me. We are 5-5 right now and chances are will be 5-6 but possibly could go 6-6. We have played one rated team and didn't even get close to them. We have lost by 60 to a non rated team. WE have lost to teams such as southern miss and a below average Iowa STate.

In the 7-7 year we lost to 5 rated teams including, the number 5 rated texas team by 3 pts. We also lost to ole miss in the bowl game who was solid with eli manning and okie state who had woods,bell, and fields by 3.

If this team would have played that schedule the probably would of went something like 4-10 or possibly 5-9 at best.

[

Are you saying this year isn't worse than that? Gosh it is for me. We are 5-5 right now and chances are will be 5-6 but possibly could go 6-6. We have played one rated team and didn't even get close to them. We have lost by 60 to a non rated team. WE have lost to teams such as southern miss and a below average Iowa STate.

In the 7-7 year we lost to 5 rated teams including, the number 5 rated texas team by 3 pts. We also lost to ole miss in the bowl game who was solid with eli manning and okie state who had woods,bell, and fields by 3.

If this team would have played that schedule the probably would of went something like 4-10 or possibly 5-9 at best.

Tell me again why that was a solid Ole Miss team? I believe they were 6-6 going into the bowl game. That ISU team wasn't as good as people make them out to be. The Penn State game was equally as bad as the Tech game this year. They only got 40 because they were running the ball. Remeber that team played Five non-conference games that year? Utah St., Troy St., and McNeese St. That is 3 wins vs teams that were D-IAA or had just turned D-1. Okie St was 2-4 when the Huskers played them. How cares anyway. That year sucked this year has been a struggle. Bring on the Freakin Buffs.

[

Tell me again why that was a solid Ole Miss team? I believe they were 6-6 going into the bowl game. That ISU team wasn't as good as people make them out to be. The Penn State game was equally as bad as the Tech game this year. They only got 40 because they were running the ball. Remeber that team played Five non-conference games that year? Utah St., Troy St., and McNeese St. That is 3 wins vs teams that were D-IAA or had just turned D-1. Okie St was 2-4 when the Huskers played them. How cares anyway. That year sucked this year has been a struggle. Bring on the Freakin Buffs.

They were better than their record, they played a tough schedule like us and lost by one to lsu who was pretty good that year. That year was much more bearable to me compared to this disaster.