Sports Illustrated

"A word of advice to Bill Callahan and defensive coordinator Kevin Cosgrove: Don’t try returning to Lincoln tonight without heavy security."

From Stewart Mandel's blog:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/football/ncaa/

Sadly, that is very good advice.

I really hope that we as fans will just let the season play out and not make this personal to the Callahan or Cosgrove Families. Even though they suck as coaches, they are fathers and husbands and I would hate for someone to treat my family like s*** even though I suck at what I did for a living.

I really hope that we as fans will just let the season play out and not make this personal to the Callahan or Cosgrove Families. Even though they suck as coaches, they are fathers and husbands and I would hate for someone to treat my family like s*** even though I suck at what I did for a living.

I agree with this. Their families shouldn't have to put up with the fact that these coaches have failed at life.

I would hope people wouldn't take it out on the families. They are innocent by standers. I and my kids can no more make my husband be better at his job than pigs can fly. Osborne even eluded to the fact that his kids didn't want to go to school on Monday's if Nebraska didn't win. That is not right.

i am "looking forward" to the future SI article in the actual magazine documenting the fall of the husker empire. that is, if we still warrant such media attention. this has gotten out of hand and needs to be stopped. i was originally onboard with the idea of keeping callahan and his band of dullards until the end of the season; however, after todays debacle he has to be let go. as had been brought up on this board before, we have fired a head coach before the end of a season and that, in terms of winning the bowl game, turned out okay. no reason (except maybe a financial one) to keep him around. today was beyond bad. 76 friggin' points to kansass. pathetic!

"A word of advice to Bill Callahan and defensive coordinator Kevin Cosgrove: Don’t try returning to Lincoln tonight without heavy security."

While I agree with that on premise, I will point out that you are probably not a public figure making 1.5 million a year dismantling quite possibly the single most endearing thing that a whole lot of Nebraskans get their identity from.

I got $20 that says they suck as husbands and fathers too.

C'mon! Be nice! Help them pack!

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Not that it means anything but a friend of mine has class with Coz's daughter and he said she is a WEIRD girl. He said he and some of his friends were talking about our crappy D and she got all defensive and said shes his daughter and stormed out of the room.

I think that was a silly and irresponsible thing for anyone to write and doesn't accurately represent Husker football fans. Joking about violence in this way is just stupid and cliche.

That's right. Nobody violently help these coaches pack. Just help them pack. Be nice! And don't be 'cliche!'

I loved Weiss's statement that if all else was even and it came down to X's and O's ND would probably win most of the time. He and Callahan have the same NFL superiority complex. Both of those a$$holes thought they would come into the college game and outsmart everyone. ND and the Huskers should play in some sort of "whose the biggest blowhard, can't coach their way out of a paper bag bowl."

I wonder if Weiss said "One game, One season" after destroying ND's streak today? :blink: