Omaha, Neb.

Brandon Koch, Nebraska

Sr.

Social Science

Cozad, Neb.

Bo Ruud, Nebraska

Fr.-RS Undecided

Lincoln, Neb.

I notice about 90% of those guys are from nebraska. Enjoy the academic success while you can guys because not to be Rude but Callahan doesn't go after the brighest chips in the bag.

Imagine that. A football coach recruiting guys for their football abilities, not for their GPA. That's crazy stuff right there.

Guys who know what's up do well in college. Most don't. The fact that they are from Nebraska is immaterial.

I notice about 90% of those guys are from nebraska. Enjoy the academic success while you can guys because not to be Rude but Callahan doesn't go after the brighest chips in the bag.

Notice most of the kids from Nebraska won't play when they not very bright kids come in. Larry Phillips was a genuis. Have you ever heard Tommie Frazier or Jammal Lord speak? Wait you probably didn't like Frazier since he wasn't from Nebraska.

I notice about 90% of those guys are from nebraska.  Enjoy the academic success while you can guys because not to be Rude but Callahan doesn't go after the brighest chips in the bag.

Notice most of the kids from Nebraska won't play when they not very bright kids come in. Larry Phillips was a genuis. Have you ever heard Tommie Frazier or Jammal Lord speak? Wait you probably didn't like Frazier since he wasn't from Nebraska.

Wasn't frazier a communications major wise one? He just talked really fast, he was smart. All's I'm saying is we aren't getting the nebraska kids and that is where alot of our academic all american's come from and it just seems to me that alot of callahans recruits are dumber than a box of rocks. Just my opinion. I could be wrong and his recruits could all be smarter than heck. :wacko:

I heard and listen to quite a few interviews whether they were on Big Red Wrap up or Rivals and this class and from players that are committed and it is nothing new and you can compare it to just about any other class in the nation. There are some good ones and others not so good. T.O. took a lot of chances on some guys. Many of them didn't make it. Callahan will do the same with some of his scholarships. There's always a risk factor with any teenager..

Actually, T.O. took more than a chance on a lot of players on the 94 & 95 NC teams. This was before the Big 12 when we were still in the Big 8. Back then, the Big 8 allowed teams to bring in Prop. 48 players. Lawrence Phillips and others got into Nebraska this way. There were only 2 teams in the Big 8 that allowed Prop. 48's. When the Big 12 was formed, it was passed in the by-laws that Prop. 48 sudents wouldn't be allowed.

If we would have been in the Big 12 in 94 & 95, it's very likely we wouldn't have gotten 4 or 5 of the excellent athletes even into the program. These are the few from those teams that you get to watch play on Sunday's. This is why KState and some others recruit heavily from the JuCo's. This is the only way to get a Prop. 48 student in, and that is only if they complete the necessary classes and have grades good enough to get into a 4 year.