Boise State HC should be on the short list

i would say he needs to prove he can win at least another year after this once a lot of the hawkins built players are no longer starters.. see how he coaches and builds the players

:yeah:yeah:yeah

His bio only confirms my first thought, which is that he needs to show that he can do it on his own. Don't get me wrong, he did a good job leading Boise St. last year, but he inherited a very good team. If he's doing the same thing in five years, then he can be considered for big HC jobs. Not yet.

i would say he needs to prove he can win at least another year after this once a lot of the hawkins built players are no longer starters.. see how he coaches and builds the players

His bio only confirms my first thought, which is that he needs to show that he can do it on his own. Don't get me wrong, he did a good job leading Boise St. last year, but he inherited a very good team. If he's doing the same thing in five years, then he can be considered for big HC jobs. Not yet.

Valid point, he is un-proven.

But the general consensus around here is 1 candidate with 1 game experience as a HC.

Another with two years in the MAC

and the third is from a service academy

??????????????????????????????????????

Did'nt he have a little problem of beating Nevada this year? Seems to me he can't find a DC either and your whole game plan cannot be gadgets plays.

yes, yes they did.

fer god's sake people, just because the guy coaches at boise state doesn't make him the next football messiah.

put him on the list, just not the short one.

Valid point, he is un-proven.

But the general consensus around here is 1 candidate with 1 game experience as a HC.

Another with two years in the MAC

and the third is from a service academy

??????????????????????????????????????

That's fair criticism of Pelini and Gill, but you can't only say about Paul Johnson that he's from a service academy. He has a lot of proven HC experience. All the guy has done is win everywhere he's gone,

including I-AA Georgia Southern (62-10) and a Navy program that was 1-20 in the previous two season

before he took over in 2002. He is 40-19 since 2003 at a school for which it is extremely difficult to recruit for obvious reasons. We know that Pelini is a great defensive coach and motivator; we know that Gill knows Nebraska tradition and his players love him; we know that Johnson is a great HC. What do we really know about Petersen yet?