So much Negativity

Guys and Gals,

I know this a bad year and we have all said things we wish we could take back; however, I have never seen so much negativity in all of my life.

We all know this year is over, and we can keep our bit**ing and complaining going on about the coaches, but we still need to support the players. I know that it seems like they have giving up on us this year, but we have a lot of returning players next year and if they only remember the negativity from this year, we sure in the hell do not want this to carry over to next season.

I know it is hard not to show anything but negativity at times, but just think that if any of the players did get on this discussion board right now what the greatest fans in the country are saying about their team.

We need to support the players; fu** the coaches.

Guys and Gals,

I know this a bad year and we have all said things we wish we could take back; however, I have never seen so much negativity in all of my life.

We all know this year is over, and we can keep our bit**ing and complaining going on about the coaches, but we still need to support the players. I know that it seems like they have giving up on us this year, but we have a lot of returning players next year and if they only remember the negativity from this year, we sure in the hell do not want this to carry over to next season.

I know it is hard not to show anything but negativity at times, but just think that if any of the players did get on this discussion board right now what the greatest fans in the country are saying about their team.

My only problem with the players right now is their attitude...I don't want to see them quit. I also don't want them claiming to be something they have yet to prove themselves to be by comparing themselves to past players that have proven what they could do. They need to be confident, but at this point, it really should be quiet confidence....not bragging.

And your right...fu** the coaches...they certainly fu**ed this program over.

Guys and Gals,

I support the players 150%, I do beleive we have a good amount of talent on the team but I feel bad for them more and more as Im hearing all this new sh#t. I'm actually kind of sick of it. Somebody needs to bring back the tradition and classyness of this program. :hmmph

Guys and Gals,

I support the players 150%, I do beleive we have a good amount of talent on the team but I feel bad for them more and more as Im hearing all this new sh#t. I'm actually kind of sick of it. Somebody needs to bring back the tradition and classyness of this program. :hmmph

there is no classiness in this program this year...

Hate to say it but these players quit long ago. They shown it clearly that they don't desire or desreve our support.

The D has been FORCED to turn their blackshirts, now they all (a few exceptions) should remove the N from their helmets.

Pathetic.

Pathetic? That is what my opinion of your rant is!

Never forget that this a "GAME" and it's still "KIDS" playing it!

Rant about coaches all you want, but please leave the kids out of this mess!

Guys and Gals,

NNT, The fact that the fans show up for the games, watch the games on TV, or simply show up here in the chat room, to get together and cheer on the team, shows that we still support them. The day that the hallowed hall of Nebraska football doesn't sell out, that it is no longer the talk around coffee tables every morning, is the day that the fans do not care about the team. Nebraska football is akin to the little brother that may not please you what he does sometimes, but he's still your little brother, and you will defend him no matter what. But that doesn't mean that you can't cuss at them when the sh*t hits the fan, either. This state pours a load of money into the University of Nebraska to make sure they have the best and the newest cutting edge facilities in the country. To simply sit back, and be apathetic is unacceptable.

I'll be the first one to apologize to a player, if he is offended at a criticism that is not warranted. Sometimes the truth hurts, and the truth is, this team is the most poorly coached team in the programs history, and simply lack the skills to compete in the Big 12. This is not to criticize their athletic ability, but the chemistry is all wrong. I do not know the bill of goods that the recruiters sold the players to get them here, but somebody left out the part about tradition, respect for yourself and the program, and honoring the former players that proceeded them, that bled red on that very same field, every Saturday.

In all my years as a Husker fan, I have never, and I mean never, saw a Nebraska team quit like this one has, in various parts in the season. We can use all the excuses in the world like the coaching sucks (which it does), the fans aren't being supportive enough (booing, and a select few being belligerent), and Pederson (nuff said). I will never condone fans screaming at players to burn their Blackshirts, or take the N off their helmets. But in any season, there is always some adversity that needs to be overcome, and this seasons had plenty. The simple fact is some of the players on the field lack the heart and drive to be on that field. If the players do not want to play for the coaches, well then have the respect to play for each other, and the honor of the players that came before them.

I've seen posts on here and other places mocking or chastising, "The Greatest Fans in College Football". Sometimes I think the meaning of this has been exaggerated to encompass many things. People were always puzzled why the opposing teams were applauded at the end of a Nebraska game, and it was simply one thing. All the fans ever ask of the players is to play hard, leave it all out on the field, win or lose, you will earn the respect and the support of all. Instead of "Restore the Order" the sign should read "Restore the Honor". The honor of "I Play For Nebraska".

I wish people would shut the f##k up about calling these football players "kids"...honestly, you want to go up to any of these football players and call them a "KID"?!?! I'd be pissed if I was a player and heard fans calling me a "KID"

I believe the courts say once an individual turn 18 they are no longer juveniles...so quit calling them kids for crying out loud.

Damn, you know what though, I think I'm wrong, maybe we should be calling these players "KIDS" because "KIDS" give up when they are playing a game and start to lose...THESE KIDS GIVE UP WHEN THEY GET DOWN (otherwise KU would never be able to put 76 up on a Nebraska team)...period!

What doesn't kill them only makes them stronger...stop talking like these "KIDS" are so fragile that some verbal abuse from some insane football fans is going to ruin their lives...they'll be fine

Guys and Gals,

Thanks for including us gals! There is WAY too much negativity and it's almost as frustrating as the problems we're having! As a Mom of boys who played sports year round, I know negativity is not the answer. (Sorry jb61264, but they are kids.) It was hard to play for a coach they didn't like or didn't agree with. All we ever asked was that they do their best! In my heart, I know there is something "internal" going on with the team. Something has deflated their energy and pride! They knew what tradition and history there is being a Husker! I will support the team no matter what! Too bad we can't turn this negativity into some kind of energy!

I wish people would shut the f##k up about calling these football players "kids"...honestly, you want to go up to any of these football players and call them a "KID"?!?! I'd be pissed if I was a player and heard fans calling me a "KID"

I believe the courts say once an individual turn 18 they are no longer juveniles...so quit calling them kids for crying out loud.

Damn, you know what though, I think I'm wrong, maybe we should be calling these players "KIDS" because "KIDS" give up when they are playing a game and start to lose...THESE KIDS GIVE UP WHEN THEY GET DOWN (otherwise KU would never be able to put 76 up on a Nebraska team)...period!

What doesn't kill them only makes them stronger...stop talking like these "KIDS" are so fragile that some verbal abuse from some insane football fans is going to ruin their lives...they'll be fine

Cally calls the Husker players "kids" in his press conference all the time. But he will never call Mizzou, KU, or any other team "kids". It's b/c of his play on words. Feel sorry for "our Kids". Some people prolly buy into it. I guess. He refers to Ball State, USC, Okie State, etc, "great football teams, with outstanding football players". But according to Cally, these Husker "kids" are hurting.

I'm not knocking on the players, just something I believe where the term "kids" is coming from.

Guys and Gals,

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Moriarty: Crap!

Oddball: Crazy! I mean like so many positive waves maybe we can't lose! You're on!

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Oddball: Crazy! I mean like so many positive waves maybe we can't lose! You're on!

A "Kelly's Heros" quote - that's something you don't see everyday on a message board! :thumbs

A "Kelly's Heros" quote - that's something you don't see everyday on a message board! :thumbs

I was worried it would be to highbrow, but took the chance anyway. :)