New Coaches Cap Gets Thrown In the Ring

Forget that....we want someone that is going to know the tradition at Nebraska now, and maybe have some experience with it.

I don't think we will see an outsider at this point. There will be immediate criticism and suspicion if they were to go with an outsider. Needs to be someone that will restore the confidence that the program will return to the tradition that we know.

Forget that....we want someone that is going to know the tradition at Nebraska now, and maybe have some experience with it.

I don't think we will see an outsider at this point. There will be immediate criticism and suspicion if they were to go with an outsider. Needs to be someone that will restore the confidence that the program will return to the tradition that we know.

unless TO hires a former player at NU to be the next head coach, anyone that gets the job will be an outsider.

even Bo (gasim) Pelini would be an outsider, you really think he understands the tradition at Nebraska, after coaching at NU for less then 1 year.

unless TO hires a former player at NU to be the next head coach, anyone that gets the job will be an outsider.

even Bo (gasim) Pelini would be an outsider, you really think he understands the tradition at Nebraska, after coaching at NU for less then 1 year.

Bo was here though, and was an adapted son sort of speak...so Bo would be accepted. Not only that, but the biggest problem with this team is the defense, and he would know how to fix it.

I don't think tradition is going to be an issue again for a long time. Callahan didn't shun it or try to not acknowlege it. At least I hope it wasn't his doing. That all starts at the top. Ped set that example. Taking down all the painting of past atheletes and thier acomplishments, showing only one national champion trophy, and basically puting all the tradition in storage so to say, was the real crap deal. When you are hired at any job you kind of take on the attitude of your boss wether you like it or not. That all began with Ped. Asshat Callahan went with it and then overboard with it.

This won't be the case with the new coaches, believe me. This is very important to TO and all involved with the program. We won't hire or keep a coach with careless attitude about Nebraska tradition. Not going to happen.

At first I doubt he did but after a few month in the program he seemed to understand. where Callahan has yet to understand after year 4.

You dont have to be from NU to understand the tradition. Stoops wasnt an OU man, but he embraced the history as soon as he got to Norman. The next guy just needs to embrace the past. Invite in tons of ex-players, all americans, and talk. You just cant be a douche and come with the 'tude that the past is worthless and we will make the future. That is where this ship started to go wrong.

You dont have to be from NU to understand the tradition. Stoops wasnt an OU man, but he embraced the history as soon as he got to Norman. The next guy just needs to embrace the past. Invite in tons of ex-players, all americans, and talk. You just cant be a douche and come with the 'tude that the past is worthless and we will make the future. That is where this ship started to go wrong.

There are very few places that treat the tradition like Nebraskans do. I know of very few places where football is king like it is here...and where they expect to be towards the top every year like we do. I remember growing up if we lost one game in a season, the attitude was pretty much that the season was over and you started to look towards the next year. I know those years are gone, and it won't happen year after year like it used to, but we still expect to be competitive....and the last couple of years we haven't been.

There are very few places that treat the tradition like Nebraskans do. I know of very few places where football is king like it is here...and where they expect to be towards the top every year like we do. I remember growing up if we lost one game in a season, the attitude was pretty much that the season was over and you started to look towards the next year. I know those years are gone, and it won't happen year after year like it used to, but we still expect to be competitive....and the last couple of years we haven't been.

tradition is such a funny thing. my brother was a HS coach that went to a school that was all into their tradition. there were good things about that and bad. it was good because the the kids worked hard and the fans reallly cared. but ultimately he had problems and was "forced" to leave because he didnt do it "their way" even though he won 2 district titles in 4 years(they had only won 1 in the previous 52 years before he came) the moral of the story..... dont put to much into tradition.....