Rank Your Potential Candidates

I've been a Baylor fan my whole life. Even before I was a Husker fan.

IF you want Kevin Steele to even be considered, you're begging to get raped in the butthole every single game throughout his whole tenure. Easily one of the worst head coaches I've ever seen...and don't blame it on the players. Against UNLV, Coach Steele decided to call a run play instead of taking a knee to pad the score against the Rebels. The Baylor RB fumbled and UNLV took it all the way to the house and won. Coach Steele approved the call. He gave the knod. He is a HORRIBLE coach and whoever puts him in place as a head coach again, may God have mercy on their souls.

As for Mike Singletary, go ahead and count him out. Morriss is out officially at Baylor and Singletary will be in before Christmas.

People on here in this thread question some folks' attachment to future coaches with a Nebraska pedigree. The reason we look in that direction first is because Nebraska football is like no other in the country, and as we have seen, and outsider most likely will not "get it". Therefore, my list is necessarily top-heavy with names with a direct connection to our way of life....

1. Monte Kiffin :thumbs

2. Lane Kiffin :thumbs:thumbs

3. Norm Chow (never should have gone to the pros - is a college coach through and through)

4. Turner Gill

5. Joe Glenn

6. Brian Peterson

7. Paul Johnson

.My choices

1 Gen George S Patton

2 R Lee Ermey

3 John Wayne

4 Wyatt Earp

5 Col. Gregory Boyington

Ok..Joke post..although I actually met Pappy Boyington before he died and he would have made a hell of a football coach. Truly and AWESOME presence to stand in. An amazing leader of men.

I think I'm going to throw my hat into Monte Kiffin's corner. I'll take whoever Dr Tom taps for the job (even if he were to keep clownahan) but IMO Monte's the best choice. I think Monte would bring Lane with him..rebuild the team and maybe retire in 4 or 5 years, leaving Lane in charge. I like that scenario.

1.Bo Pelini

2.Turner Gill

3.Paul Johnson

4.Kevin Steele

That is my shortlist. What I would love to see the most would be Bo Pelini as HC and Turner Gill as OC/QB's coach, but that is only a dream that won't come true.

I take Paul Johnson off of my list. I like the offense Navy runs but the defense is horrible!!! They gave up 59 to Deleware, that just doesn't cut it for me.