Why the love for Bo?

I guess the Bo supporters (not all) wanted someone that was different emotionally than Solich, thus the Bogasm. Now they want someone different emotionally than Cally, and insert the Bogart. Lets face it, he's had some stinkbomb games and people are right there to defend him. It was b/c of this, that, or the other thing, but it wasnt Bo's fault. I dont get it.

When I hear how fiery and motivating he is, I think those supporters who pout after a Husker loss, want their coach to pout just like them.

Memo - a lot of coaches can motivate, inspire, teach, manage a team, a game, other coaches, AND not act like a hot head pekerwad. He deserves nothing more than the next D-Coord position he is running to. Since he cant be a head coach, he'll take his ball home and not play. Boo hoo.

How much money are you willing to bet on it? I have a grand that says he's a HC somewhere next year. Because he's one of the best coordinators out there, he'll get his shot next year as a HC somewhere.

It's funny you say defend him when you have nothing to claim he wouldn't make a great HC. He took a pretty miserable D from 2002 and made them one of the best in 03. Look at how his D was statistically at OU. Look at how it's been at LSU. All he does is make a D great. If you ask me, he sounds a lot like another D coordinator once upon a time that was at KState and then Florida!

If I've said it once, I've said it 100 times. Great defenses occur when there's an adequate offense that gives them a breather. One of the reasons our D this year is so poor is because our offense seldom if ever wins the time of possession war. We simply go 3 and out. Against KU, the offense gave KU the short field all friggin game. I realize our D is horrible, but they get absolutely no help at all from the offense. In 2003, our D was right around top 10 while our offense was in the 80's.

I guess the Bo supporters (not all) wanted someone that was different emotionally than Solich, thus the Bogasm. Now they want someone different emotionally than Cally, and insert the Bogart. Lets face it, he's had some stinkbomb games and people are right there to defend him. It was b/c of this, that, or the other thing, but it wasnt Bo's fault. I dont get it.

When I hear how fiery and motivating he is, I think those supporters who pout after a Husker loss, want their coach to pout just like them.

Memo - a lot of coaches can motivate, inspire, teach, manage a team, a game, other coaches, AND not act like a hot head pekerwad. He deserves nothing more than the next D-Coord position he is running to. Since he cant be a head coach, he'll take his ball home and not play. Boo hoo.

you are absolutely correct. TO and tony dungy come to mind. but there are alos a long list of coaches the are very successful that are just like Bo too. its all about finding a good coach that fits our situation that will stay if he wins. its not going to be easy. thank goodness for TO

How much money are you willing to bet on it? I have a grand that says he's a HC somewhere next year. Because he's one of the best coordinators out there, he'll get his shot next year as a HC somewhere.

It's funny you say defend him when you have nothing to claim he wouldn't make a great HC. He took a pretty miserable D from 2002 and made them one of the best in 03. Look at how his D was statistically at OU. Look at how it's been at LSU. All he does is make a D great. If you ask me, he sounds a lot like another D coordinator once upon a time that was at KState and then Florida!

If I've said it once, I've said it 100 times. Great defenses occur when there's an adequate offense that gives them a breather. One of the reasons our D this year is so poor is because our offense seldom if ever wins the time of possession war. We simply go 3 and out. Against KU, the offense gave KU the short field all friggin game. I realize our D is horrible, but they get absolutely no help at all from the offense. In 2003, our D was right around top 10 while our offense was in the 80's.

Junior, I will respond but I'm pretty sure we will disagree. Your opinions and insight are usually pretty good.

So I will take a shot here.

One: I cannot promote a person because of what they did in just one year (2003 defense) here. Had it been over three years, then that would make sense. He did do a decent job at NU.

Two: Track record of changing places. He went from NU to OU to LSU. Niice. That tells me he is not up for a challenge, which would mean a university not consistently ranked in the top 10. Maybe in a few years he might run off to Ohio State & beef up the resume even more? In other words, yes he is doing well as a D-Coordinator at the stops he's been at. But I'm not buying into a theory that he changed OU and LSU from stinkbombs to WMDs. It's overrated.

Three: No Head Coaching experience means excatly that. I dont sugar coat this. Let the OTJ training start at Iowa State, not at Nebraska. Your last coach (Cally) had no college football experience. And neither did Solich. And if you throw in Osborne, that was over thirty years ago. Let it go. Why take a chance on someone who has never managed a coaching staff, an entire football team, and ran a program and turned it from a team fallen by the wayside to a confident and successful team? My answer is no way ever will I take that risk.

Four: I do not particularly care for his showmanship to KSU's Bill Snyder, or his stupid penalty in a bowl game he coached in, or the way he ran down NU to recruits while at OU. This is a reflection of a crybaby that doesnt know how to deal with things that do not go his way. I stay clear from those people. They dont change. They only hide it better.

If he becomes a head coach some day, some where, and even if its A&M, okay I dont have a problem with that. I wish him well. I do not think he is going to turn this program around and bring back quality guidance and leadership, winning attitude, chemistry, pride, and embrace former players, the AD for their thoughts & opinons, and teach these young men about football, Husker tradition, the importance of education and life lessons.

If he becomes the Head Coach at Nebraska because Dr. Tom believes he is the guy, then I will back him with support 100%. I'll have no trouble becoming humble and saying that I made a misjudment and was wrong. But hell, that has not happened.

One) He was here 1 year because Solich was fired and the new coach brought in his own staff. Two) He left NU because he didn't have a job any longer after Solich was fired. He left OU because instead of being a co D coordinator he got to fly solo at LSU. Three) Last time I checked TO didn't have any HC experience before Nebraska and Bob Stoops didn't have any before OU and Mangino before KU. When you're a good/excellent coordinator the next step is HC. Four) He shows fire and emotion. At least he didn't make a gesture and then lie about it. At least he didn't call his team the dumbest in America. The deal with Reggie Smith and recruiting him to OU, well I guess you know the saying: nice guys always finish last! Some of the "supposed" geats such as Switzer, Jimmie, etc. didn't have to turn a recruit against another school. They just simply paid them more!