Pelini recruiting problems?

Well, it must have worked. OU is kind of in the NC race. NU is racing for the toilet. I've watched Reggie Smith, and he's impressive. I do agree that nice guys typically finish last. OU and LSU are in the hunt which are Bo's last two stops. NU is headed for the crapper.

Is being an a-hole the "Nebraska way?" If you can say yes to that, then the "more than winning" principles that the same people usually point to are bs and it is all about W's. Hard work, being a good teammate, being a good student, being a good citizen. a-hole doesn't make its way onto that list. I'd prefer to have never heard about Pelini's crap from three years ago and seen how he exited here. Yeah, he has fire, but so does the tourette's guy.

Well, it must have worked. OU is kind of in the NC race. NU is racing for the toilet. I've watched Reggie Smith, and he's impressive. I do agree that nice guys typically finish last. OU and LSU are in the hunt which are Bo's last two stops. NU is headed for the crapper.

Is being an a-hole the "Nebraska way?" If you can say yes to that, then the "more than winning" principles that the same people usually point to are bs and it is all about W's. Hard work, being a good teammate, being a good student, being a good citizen. a-hole doesn't make its way onto that list. I'd prefer to have never heard about Pelini's crap from three years ago and seen how he exited here. Yeah, he has fire, but so does the tourette's guy.

I guess I've never really bought into the "more than winning" principles. I'm not sure TO did either. Back in our prime, the NCAA was actually considering a zero tolerance policy for student athletes that have brushes with the law. This all came about because of TO's players. No, he wasn't the first team to have thugs. I believe we pale in comparison to Miami and OU in some of their history. However if we had more than winning principles, LP would have never been allowed back on the field. If we had more than winning principles, Jumpin Johnny R. would have never been allowed back on the field.

It's always been about wins. TO had a lot of pressure put on him in the 70's to the point he almost left for CU because he wasn't getting enough W's. Clownahan will get fired because he doesn't have enough W's. You can take the most questionable of character athletes, but there will always be a coach who's willing to gamble on them because they want to win.

Bobby Knight is an ahole, but he gets the wins. Steve Spurrier is an a$$ as well, but he's still a hot commodity in terms of coaching because he gets the W's. We will have fired 2 coaches because they didn't get the perceived amount of W's. Again, it's always been about the wins.