Pelini recruiting problems?

The concern with Pelini, for most, is not his inability to recruit, but his ability to be an incredible a-hole.

what has he done?

He tried to :box:box Bill Snyder after they stomped us at home in 03.

I've heard other stories, not sure if they are fact or fiction though

i'm not sayin what bo did back in 03 was right, but to be brutally honest, it would be nice to have that kind of passion and fire in our head coach. clownahan and franky sure as hell didnt have any

I tend to agree with that!

Negative recruiting and trash talking about our players after he went to OU.

He said that none of our defensive players could have started at OU and also slandered our program to recruits after he left so I heard.

was it really slander though? i mean.. pedey n co did destory everything.. so maybe it was more of a prediction that became very true? :hmmph damn.. that sucks

Negative recruiting and trash talking about our players after he went to OU.

He said that none of our defensive players could have started at OU and also slandered our program to recruits after he left so I heard.

That's a rumor that you heard....move it to the rumor board lol just kidding. I don't think that was true for the fact that Bo Pelini had a interview with Yahoo Sports on Oct 11, 2007 and all he talked about was coaching at NU and wanting to be a Head Coach. There was nothing in that interview about bashing NU 03' players or his bad experience at NU. Just to let you know

The concern with Pelini, for most, is not his inability to recruit, but his ability to be an incredible a-hole.

Nice guys finish last. I know of numerous incredible a-holes who have done pretty well. Steve Spurrier, Bill Belichick, Bill Parcels and the list goes on. Just because your an a-hole doesnt mean you can't coach. Most of the time being an a-hole is what fires players up. I would rather have an a-hole coach with some attitude than what we have right now. :box

This BS about "having a coach with fire" is just that. BS. I will never and have never bought that you need to be a nut ball to be a good head coach.

Have any of you been to a husker game during the Callahan era? Seriously, sometimes I think guys like Bill Busch, Randy Jordan and Ted Gilmore are going to start doing backflips.

That being said, this really doesn't have much to do with Husker football and has more to do with generating bogasms. I will move it to Rumorville.

Have any of you been to a husker game during the Callahan era? Seriously, sometimes I think guys like Bill Busch, Randy Jordan and Ted Gilmore are going to start doing backflips.

Dave i am jsut curios what you mean by this??

If you believe Mike Stoops will be the DC anytime soon at NU, I have some ocean front property in SW Nebraska I'd like to give you a shot at buying.

While this might not be likely, i beleive their could be a decent chance if Pelini is our head coach. Pelini has a good connection to Mike Stoops from his time under Bob Stoops at OU. I wish i could remember where i read this but in an interview with Stoops somebody asked him about the possibilty of becoming the DC next year at NU if Pelini was the coach. Stoops kinda just side stepped the question and said that he is still the coach at Arizona, but never really shot the question down with a definite no. If Stoops is fired at Arizona, where will he go coach next year. I dont think Bob Stoops is going to fire or demote Venables jsut so his brother can have a job, so the DC at NU would be a more attractive job i think.

So it is not likely for this to happen, because first we would have to Fire BC, hire Pelini, and Stoops would have to be fired at Arizona, but if all that happens i think there is a decent shot.

OU fans would throw Venebles under the bus if they had a shot at getting Mike back. I just think if Mike takes a DC position, it will be at OU. Blood is thicker than water.

I could see this happening if OU's defense wasnt doing all that great, but isnt Venables "doing and excellent job in every area", i think Stoops might need a better reason to demote him. correct me if i am wrong and Venables isnt so hot.

Nice guys finish last. I know of numerous incredible a-holes who have done pretty well. Steve Spurrier, Bill Belichick, Bill Parcels and the list goes on. Just because your an a-hole doesnt mean you can't coach. Most of the time being an a-hole is what fires players up. I would rather have an a-hole coach with some attitude than what we have right now. :box

A pretty straightforward, non-a-hole was mildly successful here. You might know him, Tom Osborne ring a bell? I realize Pelini has said that he enjoyed his time at NU NOW, but 3 years ago, he tried to sabotage NU's recruiting class. Is it any wonder that any prospect that was between OU and NU picked OU while Pelini was there(with the exception of Dillard who spoke out about what Pelini was doing) and after he left, Callahan won the majority of those recruiting battles? Interesting coincidence? I doubt it. I liked Pelini until that KSU game, and pretty much everything he did from that point till the time he left OU rubbed me the wrong way.