Red between the lines

Apathy

I visit Huskerpedia.com about everyday and I happened to read an article about Simi Kuli and why he choose Nebraska over LSU and OU. Well anyways they were talking about why he choose Nebraska and this is what TO said

Kuli made his commitment to Athletic Director Tom Osborne more so than he did to Bill Callahan. According to Kuli, Osborne told him that "there were going to be some changes in the coaching staff."

Exactly what Osborne meant or if it was even phrased that way, who knows? Asked to clarify the athletic director's words, Kuli stepped back a bit. He said he knew nothing for certain about Callahan's future.

Now after reading these two paragraphs makes you wonder whether TO has already found a replacement HC for next year or Callahan will be here next but with a different DC or/and other new coaches.

But after reading about some of our recruits decommitted because of the future of Callahan makes me realize that Callahan won't be here next year because they know for a fact that Callahan won't be here and that Simi Kuli know's who our new HC is. I know that Callahan is gone because 1. The recruits are decommitting 2. The fans can't stand BC 3. The boosters want to buy him out 4. People want him to resign 5. He's destroying our football program.

I visit Huskerpedia.com about everyday and I happened to read an article about Simi Kuli and why he choose Nebraska over LSU and OU. Well anyways they were talking about why he choose Nebraska and this is what TO said

Kuli made his commitment to Athletic Director Tom Osborne more so than he did to Bill Callahan. According to Kuli, Osborne told him that "there were going to be some changes in the coaching staff."

Exactly what Osborne meant or if it was even phrased that way, who knows? Asked to clarify the athletic director's words, Kuli stepped back a bit. He said he knew nothing for certain about Callahan's future.

Now after reading these two paragraphs makes you wonder whether TO has already found a replacement HC for next year or Callahan will be here next but with a different DC or/and other new coaches.

But after reading about some of our recruits decommitted because of the future of Callahan makes me realize that Callahan won't be here next year because they know for a fact that Callahan won't be here and that Simi Kuli know's who our new HC is. I know that Callahan is gone because 1. The recruits are decommitting 2. The fans can't stand BC 3. The boosters want to buy him out 4. People want him to resign 5. He's destroying our football program.

You don't know he's gone because no one has told you. I think everyone is reading into all of this too much or maybe I'm wrong. Recruits are de-comitting cause Callahan is telling them that he doesn't know for sure whether he'll be here and the recruits don't want to end in no mans land and without a school to go to. Osborne has continually said that no decisions have been made. Whether or not you want to beleive those statements is up to you, but they have both come from word of mouth and have no reason to believe or think that either one of those men are lying.

You don't know he's gone because no one has told you. I think everyone is reading into all of this too much or maybe I'm wrong. Recruits are de-comitting cause Callahan is telling them that he doesn't know for sure whether he'll be here and the recruits don't want to end in no mans land and without a school to go to. Osborne has continually said that no decisions have been made. Whether or not you want to beleive those statements is up to you, but they have both come from word of mouth and have no reason to believe or think that either one of those men are lying.

As ga-ga as Callahan is over QBs there is NO WAY he would let Blaine Gabbert walk away from his verbal without a huge fight if he even remotely thought he was staying here.

Callahan knows he's gone and he's not doing anything to convince his recruits otherwise.

That's proof enough for me.

Callahan's not stupid --- well, he is stupid. But, Callahan's not an idiot -- well, I guess he is an idiot.

Anyway, he KNOWS he is going to be fired before the month is out so he is telling recruits that he doesn't know if he will be here next year or not. It will be interesting to see if any of the coaches go on recriting trips during the two weeks off after the KU game. I would guess that they all will just take a two week vacation.

Callahan's not stupid --- well, he is stupid. But, Callahan's not an idiot -- well, I guess he is an idiot.

Anyway, he KNOWS he is going to be fired before the month is out so he is telling recruits that he doesn't know if he will be here next year or not. It will be interesting to see if any of the coaches go on recriting trips during the two weeks off after the KU game. I would guess that they all will just take a two week vacation.

I agree.. why isn't Billy trying harder to keep these kids here?

If he believes he will be here next year, why is he not saying that.. If he believed he was goign to be around next year, he would be making it clear that he was going to be here, as clear as he is making it that he will not resign.. otherwise he would be fighting for next years players, because, IF he is given another year, he will have to make marked improvement next year.. he is not even trying to save the recruits.. if he was going to be here.. TO would be making the same statement, that at this time there is no reason to think he won' t be here, we will evaluate things at the end, but right now we have every reason to believe he will be here ( so please Mr Recruit, stay with us )