Bo Pelini A Risky Choice?

Bo Pelini is my choice, there have been a lot of people saying well he has never been a head coach before so he doesn't have the experience. Well how many of you would like to see us pass on him AGAIN only to find out that he becomes the next Pete Carroll. Yes I do realize that he could very well flop also, but I would at least want to be the school that gave him his shot. Also remember that Bill Callahan had "proven coaching experience" also when he took this job and see how all that experience helped us :angry: Turner Gill does have all the Nebraska ties that people just drool over, but let's not put our blinders on just because of that fact. He has done a great job with Buffalo BUT tell me Gill backers how many other jobs is he linked to besides Nebraska? None that come to my mind. Just something to think about.

Nebraskans for Bo Pelini

Since you asked.....

In 1989, Gill began his coaching career at The University of Nebraska, his alma mater, serving one year as a graduate assistant coach.

After spending a season each at North Texas University and Southern Methodist University,

Gill returned once again to Nebraska, where he coached quarterbacks from 1992-2003 and wide receivers in 2004. Gill served as position coach for two first team All-Americans, Tommie Frazier and Eric Crouch, with Crouch also earning the Heisman Trophy under Gill's tutelage. The Cornhuskers earned three national championships in Gill's time as an assistant there.

In 2005, Gill was hired by the Green Bay Packers as Director of Player Development to help players become acclimated to playing professional football in Green Bay and to direct players to resources concerning community involvement, continuing education, financial management, and retirement planning. He also served as an assistant wide receivers coach and an offensive assistant coach through December 2005.

Gill, who was part of three national championships as a coach at the University of Nebraska and a Heisman Trophy finalist as a player, agreed to a five-year contract to become the 23rd head football coach at the University at Buffalo on December 16, 2005.

So there you go...Before Solich was fired, Gill was the assistant HEAD COACH at NU. I can't think of a better person to coach Nebraska football. He's got it all my friend and I believe he is the best coach. I humbly respect your choice of Bo Pelini. Bo has some nice assets, defense being the greater one, but he has some checks against him (poor recruiter, temper and hates the media) that we just don't need right now.