Bo Pelini A Risky Choice?

(Moderator: If this post should've been placed on the Rumorville site, please feel free to move it-I wasn't sure as the information I shared here is factual.)

I heard about this tidbit on Bo Pelini on 1620 'The Zone' this afternoon and looked the quote up. It was by Kirk Bohls a writer for the American Statesman Staff (Austin Texas newspaper) The article was about who would be the next head coach at A&M. This is what he said about Pelini:

"LSU defensive coordinator Bo Pelini's emotional, but doesn't like recruiting and isn't very media-friendly. Let Nebraska make that mistake." http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sp.../1106bohls.html

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M AFRAID OF and why I don't want Bo Pelini to be the next head coach for Nebraska.

HIRE TURNER GILL! (According to the boys at 1620-they believe that Osborne has already decided and Turner is the guy....we shall see!)

I guess I don't understand the "doesn't like recruiting". Did Pelini make this statement? He wouldn't exactly be the first coach who wasn't medi-friendly.

In the end, any coach we hire is a risk. Look at the risk of BC. Look at the risk A&M found with Franchione which was supposed to be a "safe" hire. IMO, hiring Turner Gill will be as much of a risk if not more than anyone else.

(Moderator: If this post should've been placed on the Rumorville site, please feel free to move it-I wasn't sure as the information I shared here is factual.)

I heard about this tidbit on Bo Pelini on 1620 'The Zone' this afternoon and looked the quote up. It was by Kirk Bohls a writer for the American Statesman Staff (Austin Texas newspaper) The article was about who would be the next head coach at A&M. This is what he said about Pelini:

"LSU defensive coordinator Bo Pelini's emotional, but doesn't like recruiting and isn't very media-friendly. Let Nebraska make that mistake." http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sp.../1106bohls.html

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M AFRAID OF and why I don't want Bo Pelini to be the next head coach for Nebraska.

HIRE TURNER GILL! (According to the boys at 1620-they believe that Osborne has already decided and Turner is the guy....we shall see!)

I agree that if its only Gill vs Pelini take Gill but I would rather have them go get a bigger proven name Jim Grobe for example.

For some reason Bo just seems like the right coach.. Gill just doenst have it yet to coach a school like Neb.. Bo has been to the pros with Green Bay then to 3 college school us/ou/lsu and I think he is ready.. Bo may not like to recruit but I have heard Gill is lazy doesnt show up to the office early an is the first one to leave.. How can a person that doesnt care that much run the ship at Neb???

For some reason Bo just seems like the right coach.. Gill just doenst have it yet to coach a school like Neb.. Bo has been to the pros with Green Bay then to 3 college school us/ou/lsu and I think he is ready.. Bo may not like to recruit but I have heard Gill is lazy doesnt show up to the office early an is the first one to leave.. How can a person that doesnt care that much run the ship at Neb???

Do you have a link for Gill being lazy?

I heard this same rumor but about Gill when he was a player not as a coach. And even then the rumor had no evidence. TO has known Gill a really long time, I'm going to trust his take on whether Gill will be a good HC over any of these internet rumors.

How can you not like Gill. He has PLAYED at Nebraska, he has been a coach for many years. He knows Nebraska football and knows what the expectations are. Don't give me this laziness thing i mean come on if your an assistant at Nebraska or a Head Coach at Buffalo you cant be Lazy. Can you invision Turner Gill sitting in a recruits living room and talking about the days when he played and how he's bring Nebraska back. I mean come on how could recruits not be interested in that. If he is our next Coach he will recruit very well. My vote is for Turner Gill

My vote is for Turner Gill

i still say bo pelini.

Why? Both of you - or anyone else who wants either of these two guys - tell us why they would be good, and/or why they would be better than the other guy.

I will go on record as saying I doubt either Gill or Pelini gets the HC job here. Gill needs more time and Pelini doesn't seem any more like a Husker than BC ever did.

My vote is for Turner Gill

i still say bo pelini.

Why? Both of you - or anyone else who wants either of these two guys - tell us why they would be good, and/or why they would be better than the other guy.

I will go on record as saying I doubt either Gill or Pelini gets the HC job here. Gill needs more time and Pelini doesn't seem any more like a Husker than BC ever did.

I want bo pelini because he has proven that he can win with dominating defense for three big time programs. we need to get the blackshirts back, and bo is the man to do it.

Bo wouldn't have the loyalty to stay at NU for very long.

Don't think in a herd mentality for a quick fix to get back into a comfort zone with Bo.

We need someone with integrity and morals.

Turner would do well to keep it in the family.

I just hope he doesn't turn into a preaching Jesus freak.