Who was your favorite husker ever??

Who was that Polk kid who played linebacker in 2000? He was pretty fun to watch. Remember the game he intecepted a pass and ran it back for a TD, got flagged for spiking the ball while Frank was laughing his head off on the sideline? While not my favorite play of all time it is close. Everyone in the stadium was going nuts. I wonder what happened to him.

Joel Makovicka was by far my favorite Nebraska football player. His ability to keep pounding the rock when he was getting tackled and to bulldoze thru defenders. I think that Joel Makovicka is by far the best fullback to ever play the position for Nebraska. My number in high school was #45 because of Joel.

We could sure use some of Joel's heart saturday.

Man, this is a tough question. I mean, there are so many greats...as were mentioned. Personally I think if you're going to go with favorites, at least in terms of playing ability, you have to discount off-the-field antics. Thus, I think LP would have to be in my top 10, along with Johnny the Jet. You have to throw a couple of defenders in there...guys like the Sandman, Mike Minter, Mike Brown. All just ridiculously talented. Add in Christian Peter and Jared Tomich (was always more of a fan of Tomich than Wistrom for some strange reason) and I think you've got a good sampling of what the Blackshirts were all about. Will Shields is on that list as well. Eric Crouch just might be one of the greatest players of all time...BUT

I still gotta say Tommie Frazier. My favorite clip of him is, after losing in the Orange Bowl to Florida State, Gill is walking next to him and you can just see Tommie is crushed. He pushes the camera away and you know THIS KID WILL NOT LOSE.

Lots of great players, but i have been an O-lineman for 12 years now and I am a center so I have to show some love for Dominic Raiola #54, I have worn his number in high school and still wear today as a sophomore at a DII school. Another number 54, Aaron Graham, is right up there with him. If it weren't for those guys there wouldn't have been as much love for Tommie Frasier and Eric Crouch.

To bad you were'nt around when Dave Remington was playing. That guy was a great center and a few time was penalized for false starts because he was so fast off the line. Nebraska used to have All Americans playing for the offensive line now they can't even block.

i too was an offensive linemen and think they deserve special mention since they were the ones paving the way for all of those great husker i-backs and quarterbacks. the above are good choices, but my favorite was the one who started it all and that was big #64, BOB BROWN. All-American guard for devaney's first orange bowl team, all-pro at tackle for the eagles, rams, and raiders, and of course NFL hall of famer. in addition, the guy received an undergraduate degree in biology from nebraska, went onto get a masters degree in education and then served as a principal, if i am not mistaken, after his pro career ended. if you ever get to see video footage of the orange bowl victory over auburn in '63, check out the second play where Brown pulls from his oeft guard position, literally drives either the DT or DE for auburn about 10 yards down the field allowing bob churchich to run for a 68 yard touchdown. that guy was a stud!

The great white hope! Gerry Gdowski!

He was a coach for a couple of years at South Dakota State University in my hometown. Really a nice guy! I became a big fan after getting to know him well.

Otherwise it's Touchdown Tommie Frraaaisssiaaahhhh (Kent Pavalka voice here)!!!

SUPERBUNNY

There are several going waaaay back:

Adrian Fiala (cousin, and that's how I started with the Huskers!)

Jerry Tagge

Johnny Rodgers

Jeff Kinney

Turner Gill

Tommie Frazier

Dave Rimington, since we went to the same high school!

Scott Frost

And this is a little off the subject, but Lyle Bremser brought such emotion to his broadcasts. He was great!

My God, this makes me feel old...

Bob Brown, Rich Glover, Willie Harper, Jerry Tagge, Jeff Kinney, Tommie Frazier, Turner Gill, I remember Bobby Reynolds, Mick Tinglehoff, the Fischers, Tony Davis...

Went to school with I. M. Hipp, Junior Miller, Jarvis Rewine, Curtis Craig...

But, the best of all time has got to be Johnny Rogers.