Tuberville to Nebraska

You really think our boosters are going to pay his $6 million buyout, plus a large salary to get him to move from Auburn?

Tommy just built a house in Auburn. Plus it has been long rumored that he is posturing for his assistants to get heavy raises.

Do not see this one happening at all.

Now if it were Muschamp ...

Well...I tried talking/asking the guys at aunation.net about it and that thread got locked down in a real hurry. They're saying Tuberville's contract extension is in the works and the A&M rumors (and now NU rumors) are nothing more than leverage against the university much like Rich Rodriguez did last year. How true that is, I don't know but they're just as tired of the rumors as we are

Well...I tried talking/asking the guys at aunation.net about it and that thread got locked down in a real hurry. They're saying Tuberville's contract extension is in the works and the A&M rumors (and now NU rumors) are nothing more than leverage against the university much like Rich Rodriguez did last year. How true that is, I don't know but they're just as tired of the rumors as we are

Hard to say. Auburn fans at another board seem to think that TT is gone after this season for aTm.

Here's an article the guys on aunation.net are pointing to:

Decatur Daily

AUBURN — Coach Tommy Tuberville has a contract "package" waiting for him when the season ends, a source close to the Auburn Board of Trustees told The Daily on Tuesday.

The source said Tuberville, who has been linked to the probable coaching vacancy at Texas A&M, and his assistant coaches will get a boost in salary by January. The source said members of the Auburn Board of Trustees and others in the athletic department are shocked that talk of Tuberville leaving for Texas A&M have lasted this long.

For what it's worth, when Nutt was hired at Arkansas, he was the search committee's second choice. Tuberville - who was born and raised in Arkansas - was the guy. Trouble was, he flat refused to interview - he wanted to be offered the job without having to go through the interview process. That turned the tide for him and he ended up at Auburn.

I have a hard time believing Osborne will hire someone without the benefit of an interview.

For what it's worth, when Nutt was hired at Arkansas, he was the search committee's second choice. Tuberville - who was born and raised in Arkansas - was the guy. Trouble was, he flat refused to interview - he wanted to be offered the job without having to go through the interview process. That turned the tide for him and he ended up at Auburn.

I have a hard time believing Osborne will hire someone without the benefit of an interview.

I think I remember that Bo refused to interview at Michigan State as well. I may be wrong though. Does this sound familiar to anyone else?