Man without a team

Yes, I think he's happy with his decision and embraced Nebraska. He's not ashamed.

And yes, he will play in the NFL. He might hold the clipboard most of the time. But if you dont follow the NFL, then all you have to do is play fantasy football to realize how often starting QBs go down with injury.

Todd Mcshay from espn said he thought before the year Sam would probably be a second round pick. He said on the radio the other day he thinks he is still an early second day pick.

Actually I think he said that before he has never really thought of Keller as a great NFL guy. That he has a decent arm, but not a cannon (as many have touted). He cited his lack of mobility, awkward throwing motion and 'gunslinger' mentality - which is prone to turnovers as things against him in the NFL. The main thing he said he had going for him was his toughness...but even that would be in question as he was injured at ASU and now at NU.

He said that 'most thought' he'd be a second rounder but now he'd be a 2nd day-er....McShay is NOT on the Keller fan club.

The thing about the NFL, it's a man's league. You can throw out any hardware you won in college, and the hype will get you only so far. You can throw out your combine BS scores too. And you cant play on talent alone. You have to bust your azz day in and day out, with the mentality that the next guy is battling for your job. You have to earn everything. Only the best play. And only the very best (and healthiest) stick around.

I dunno. I wouldn't count on him being drafted at all. Zac Taylor had a much better run at NU and didn't get drafted. Sam likely would have gone 2nd round had he come out last year but I fear this stint with Billy C may have confined him to the CFL or NFL Europe for a while.

Agree Zac had a better run, but he didn't have the hype going into it. Keller is a name that everyone knows. Not everyone knew Zac's name even when he was finished playing!