A little cheer-me-up

Dan_F_30

A little piece of insignificant trivia.

In that video, Tommie Frazier throws a TD to Reggie Baul against Oklahoma State. That play made college football history. Anybody know how?

Ok I'm going to bed, so here's the answer.

The historic part was when Reggie pointed at the crowd he was flagged for excessive celebration. The celebration rule had just been instituted and This was the first ever time a player had drawn that foul.

Gnight everybody....

Contrast how the current team plays with how that team played. I know they had better athletes on average, but look at how every player threw a block on every play. There was one play where some TE blocked two guys one after another to spark a long run.

If the current plays like the 1995 teams with fire and loses, I don't think it would be as big of a deal. That 1995 team makes the current team look like they're just flat uninspired.

Contrast how the current team plays with how that team played. I know they had better athletes on average, but look at how every player threw a block on every play. There was one play where some TE blocked two guys one after another to spark a long run.

If the current plays like the 1995 teams with fire and loses, I don't think it would be as big of a deal. That 1995 team makes the current team look like they're just flat uninspired.

to say the least. i'd say more, but this whole board is totally redundant. we should all just talk in the bs forum, and bs about stuff until there's something new and relevant to talk about...

speaking of that, if the mods could tell us, are the other threads getting more traffic since the SP firing or all the news has quieted?

One of the things I saw in those videos that you don't see today is leadership on the team. Somebody had to lead that 'Day by Day' cheer you saw in the locker room. Who's doing that now? When is the last time you saw the players hold up those white helmets with the red N on them? When the camera pans the sidelines most of the time those players are sitting down. You never saw that during the glory days unless the player was hurt. Those boys would be cheering their teammates on the entire time. Not only do we need a new coach, we need some of those new players to step up and show some leadership.

I just hope the new coach gets rid of this mamby-pamby "we played well" crap and tells the players "you screw up...you'll pay for it in practice". Threaten the D-Line with having to run stairs if they don't get at least 3 sacks or if the D-backs don't get at least 2 ints or if the O-line doesn't allow the running game to reach the 150yd mark. The current players need someone to put a fire under their collective butts and get back to good ole fashion smash mouth football. I want a coach who'll piss off the players to the point they take it out on the other team. I want a coach who can get these players so fired up before a game, the opponent wishes they never have to play us again.

I just hope the new coach gets rid of this mamby-pamby "we played well" crap and tells the players "you screw up...you'll pay for it in practice". Threaten the D-Line with having to run stairs if they don't get at least 3 sacks or if the D-backs don't get at least 2 ints or if the O-line doesn't allow the running game to reach the 150yd mark. The current players need someone to put a fire under their collective butts and get back to good ole fashion smash mouth football. I want a coach who'll piss off the players to the point they take it out on the other team. I want a coach who can get these players so fired up before a game, the opponent wishes they never have to play us again.

:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah

A-FREAKIN'-MEN!! EXACTLY what we need! :bonez