rumors on other boards

I was reading some topics at Huskerpedia.com about this and just think about it....Baton Rouge had an article about Bo Pelini as NU possible coach for next year. And Billy C didn't even respond or show any emotion to the NU fans when they were congratulating them on their win......seems a little weird. Maybe this is true.

And Billy C didn't even respond or show any emotion to the NU fans when they were congratulating them on their win......

He probably heard only the ones that were yelling "Hooray, only 1 more game with Bill as coach!"

In any event, I tend to believe that the players took this game on themselves to win, so Cally let them celebrate by themselves...or he has the same attitude as his agent and couldn't give a $hit what Husker fans think....after all, this high-tech, modern football and the after-game celebration is way too technical for us to understand...

And Billy C didn't even respond or show any emotion to the NU fans when they were congratulating them on their win......

He probably heard only the ones that were yelling "Hooray, only 1 more game with Bill as coach!"

In any event, I tend to believe that the players took this game on themselves to win, so Cally let them celebrate by themselves...or he has the same attitude as his agent and couldn't give a $hit what Husker fans think....after all, this high-tech, modern football and the after-game celebration is way too technical for us to understand...

I cant help but think.....his agent has to have formed these opinions somehow. Im willing to bet he hasnt visited the state. Wonder where he is getting this? I just cant imagine :sarcasm

I cant help but think.....his agent has to have formed these opinions somehow. Im willing to bet he hasnt visited the state. Wonder where he is getting this? I just cant imagine :sarcasm

Maybe he formed his opinions by paying attention the media in the city that his client works in since part of an agents job is to try to lessen fire on his client. Or paying attention to the National media that has covered the situation for 5 weeks. He could also have formed the opinion from talking to his client as well (Which I assume you are trying to infer) but I bet his agent is smart enough to read a newspaper and see what's going on and form him own opinion. Just a thought!!

Do you really think the players just ignored their coach and played themselves with out any coaching? Can you please give the HC a little credit in getting his team prepared today? I mean I bet he worked all week and they prepared well and it showed but you still decide to not give even a shred of credit to the guy when MAYBE he had a little to do with the win since he is the head coach. I know he has screwed up a lot of times and you are quick to blame it on him then, but when things went well, you still don't give him any credit.

On some other boards rumors are being posted this evening (new rumors), that a buyout is in the works. Just wondering if I Bleed Red has any knowledge.

I would be very surprised if Callahan left at this point, but who knows?!

So you havent been reading the boards for the last 2 months or what?

This is old news and IBR doesnt know anything more than anybody else here.

Do you really think the players just ignored their coach and played themselves with out any coaching? Can you please give the HC a little credit in getting his team prepared today? I mean I bet he worked all week and they prepared well and it showed but you still decide to not give even a shred of credit to the guy when MAYBE he had a little to do with the win since he is the head coach. I know he has screwed up a lot of times and you are quick to blame it on him then, but when things went well, you still don't give him any credit.

Yeah, sure, I believe that they just ignored their coach... :sarcasm

Give him credit for preparing the team?? No, don't think so - I'll give that credit to Joe Ganz and Senior Day - the coaches didn't get the team "up" for this game, the players got themselves "up" for it...

And you said "I mean I bet he worked all week..." yeah....I'm sure he did, Dan, I'm sure he did...

I'll give Billy the only credit that I ever have, and that is this: when the WCO is "on" it does amazing things...like 700+ yards and 70+ points.

But I'll take away from Billy just like I have from the beginning - the WCO is WAY too reliant on "superstars" who of course are NOT in it for good old NU, but rather for their NFL shot, and since they're "superstars" they're subject to their same moody fits of where they perform when and how they want, not just because it's game day...

Joey Ganz is a Cornhusker...Bo Ruud is a Cornhusker...those two on the field for game day had more to do with it than anything Billy did...

But see, here's the thing - all that stuff I just said is MY OPINION. That's all I have to say about that.

Yeah, sure, I believe that they just ignored their coach... :sarcasm

Give him credit for preparing the team?? No, don't think so - I'll give that credit to Joe Ganz and Senior Day - the coaches didn't get the team "up" for this game, the players got themselves "up" for it...

And you said "I mean I bet he worked all week..." yeah....I'm sure he did, Dan, I'm sure he did...

I'll give Billy the only credit that I ever have, and that is this: when the WCO is "on" it does amazing things...like 700+ yards and 70+ points.

But I'll take away from Billy just like I have from the beginning - the WCO is WAY too reliant on "superstars" who of course are NOT in it for good old NU, but rather for their NFL shot, and since they're "superstars" they're subject to their same moody fits of where they perform when and how they want, not just because it's game day...

Joey Ganz is a Cornhusker...Bo Ruud is a Cornhusker...those two on the field for game day had more to do with it than anything Billy did...

But see, here's the thing - all that stuff I just said is MY OPINION. That's all I have to say about that.

But I don't know what the basis for your opinion is? Were you there all week to see that BC did not get the players up for it. What is your basis? Did you talk to Joe Ganz and did he tell you BC and Co. did nothing to get them up and prepared for the game? Perhaps the coaching staff actually put those players in position to make plays for once? Sure it's Senior day and everything but the players still have to be put in the position to be successful and that comes from the coaching staff. My basis for my opinion is just that. A player will make the plays but a coach will put them in the position to make the plays and in the position to NOT make the plays. It has been that way forever. Everyone, I was and I'm sure you were too, were the first to point the finger at BC when they started losing because players were not in positions to make the plays. Now why is it so different when they do make the plays?? Ruud and McKeon have been a disappointment this season because they are constantly out of position and missing tackles, etc. But they played well yesterday and it's not just because it was senior day. Senior day doesn't put you in the correct gap that you have been missing all year to stop a run, Senior day does not put you in the correct coverage to knock down a pass play or make a tackle once the player catches it. They weren't in those positions earlier this year, but they were yesterday, and Senior day did not call the plays to put them in that position! They might have played a little harder yes and been inspired but they still need to be put in the spot they need to be. You have no basis for your opinion that he did not get the guys up to play. You have speculation. I have a history of coaching goods and bads that say the players go make the plays or do not make the plays but it comes down to the coaching to put them in position to make plays. You don't score 73 points because it's senior day, some of that has to come from being put in the right position and prepared well, and it's not just BC, it's Watson, Cosgroves D worked yesterday, etc. You know it, I know it, everyone else knows it and you just have to accept the fact that Billy Boy and Co. did a good coaching job yesterday.