Heard from my brother, who is a former Regent...

He told me that Pelini will be the next head coach. Also BC will be bought out for $1.9 million soon after the CU game. For verification, he was a regent in 2002-2003 (was the UNMC student body president). He told me that his sources were from within the program and from friends that still talk to old players. Yes this is rumorville stuff... but I believe him as he would not have told me this unless he believed it himself. Take it for what it is worth.

He told me that Pelini will be the next head coach. Also BC will be bought out for $1.9 million soon after the CU game. For verification, he was a regent in 2002-2003 (was the UNMC student body president). He told me that his sources were from within the program and from friends that still talk to old players. Yes this is rumorville stuff... but I believe him as he would not have told me this unless he believed it himself. Take it for what it is worth.

Pelini??? Heaven help us. I thought that Osborne had some class.

care to offer up a classy alternative?

:asshat

Come on freemason, you are acting like Pacman Jones is the top candidate for the job. Pelini might not be your top choice but its not like we are handing this program over to a criminal. Pelini is a proven winner, motivator and under TO's direction i think he can lead this program to great places.

Thank you for your 'disclaimer'. I have no reason to doubt you and appreciate your candid thoughts.

If other posters think an announcement that will be made shortly after the sCUm game, win or lose, then this makes sense to me.

BTW, Bo Pellini would not be my choice for numerous reasons.

Just out of curiosity what are these reasons topeka?

Don't mind him you all...he doesn't know any better! :)

Your source is spot on about Pelini. As for the buyout...I'll take your word for it. :) My understanding was the buyout is $3.125 million. :(

Thank you for your 'disclaimer'. I have no reason to doubt you and appreciate your candid thoughts.

If other posters think an announcement that will be made shortly after the sCUm game, win or lose, then this makes sense to me.

BTW, Bo Pellini would not be my choice for numerous reasons.

Just out of curiosity what are these reasons topeka?

I often am asked my opinion on tough questions and study the topic. I respond that if I was a debate student give me which side do I respond to. You are calling me out on why I posted Bo Pollini would not be my first choice for numerous reasons:

Never has has had head coaching experience at a major coaching level.

What are his creditionals in recruit's living rooms to get a stud to sign on the dotted line?

LSU is highly ranked but the defense is less than stellar (granted it is ranked better than 119th right now).

Calling out Head Coach Bill Snyder at KSU for running up the final score 5 years ago when Bo's defense could not stop the Cats from running up the middle time after time inside the hash marks? He would not endear himself or our program to the 'lets give him a break' fraternity.

His only game as 'Head Coach' at NU was taking someone else's team in a bowl game victory.

Why did he settle for a 'co-defensive' coordinator job at OU after leaving NU? IMHO, to give him a chance at redemption against NU when OU played us and #2 a bigger paycheck than an OC at a smaller program. And then I don't remember he had many any other offers from ANY OTHER SCHOOLS.

Pause:

But, putting on the debate hat, if he is our replacement coach, I'll defend him when attacked by my customers coast to coast. I just need to study his resume and build a defense for him. Nothing comes to mind right now other than his rah rah coaching type.

KSU has a rah rah guy now and I'm not impressed with his record right now.

On the other hand...I could defend if we hired him, I hope.

And sources tell me I should start doing my research. I'm sorry, this paragraph shouldn't get me moved to the 'rumors' link!

Mr alll out positive and bury my head in the sand no matter what the facts are is being negative? The guy that wants to give Callahan chance after chance.

Wow you must really hate Pelini.

Topeka Husker wrote:

I often am asked my opinion on tough questions and study the topic. I respond that if I was a debate student give me which side do I respond to. You are calling me out on why I posted Bo Pollini would not be my first choice for numerous reasons:

Never has has had head coaching experience at a major coaching level.

No did Bob Stoops, Tom Osborne, Mark Mangino...blah blah blah

What are his creditionals in recruit's living rooms to get a stud to sign on the dotted line?

Since his capacity in College has been coordinator, recruiting has never been a big assingment. That's why you put coaching staffs together.

LSU is highly ranked but the defense is less than stellar (granted it is ranked better than 119th right now).

Believe the Defense is ranked first in the country? no>

Calling out Head Coach Bill Snyder at KSU for running up the final score 5 years ago when Bo's defense could not stop the Cats from running up the middle time after time inside the hash marks? He would not endear himself or our program to the 'lets give him a break' fraternity.

He didn't call out Snyder for running up the score, he called him out for keeping his All-Americans in the game after he had put in his walk-on seniors, playing in their final home game in the final two minutes with the game clearly out of reach. And to be quiet honest, Bill Snyder is a crusty old f*ck.

His only game as 'Head Coach' at NU was taking someone else's team in a bowl game victory.

But wait, you said he didn't have any head coaching experience? Your right, he did take a team dealing with the in season loss of their head coach, rally the assistants when they knew they would be unemployed and dismanted the team he played.

Why did he settle for a 'co-defensive' coordinator job at OU after leaving NU? IMHO, to give him a chance at redemption against NU when OU played us and #2 a bigger paycheck than an OC at a smaller program. And then I don't remember he had many any other offers from ANY OTHER SCHOOLS.

First, Stoops was his friend, knew he got the shaft at NU, second, it was a little late in the season at that point, not alot of teams were looking for D-coordinators, and quite honestly, a gig at OU is not to bad. Your point about a paycheck makes no sense whatsoever.

Pause:

But, putting on the debate hat, if he is our replacement coach, I'll defend him when attacked by my customers coast to coast. I just need to study his resume and build a defense for him. Nothing comes to mind right now other than his rah rah coaching type.

KSU has a rah rah guy now and I'm not impressed with his record right now.

On the other hand...I could defend if we hired him, I hope.

And sources tell me I should start doing my research. I'm sorry, this paragraph shouldn't get me moved to the 'rumors' link!

I'lll be another source...do some research.