Heard from my brother, who is a former Regent...

A portion of this board is going to explode if some people dont get their Pelini as the coach. Rants and tirades and so on. Sure hope it doesnt come down to that. Whoever Dr. Tom picks, I'm okay with.

What if he rehires Frank Solich? :lol:

Okay, that is just not funny... <_<

...alright...maybe it is. :)

Though I must admit the same thing -- what happens when Pelini is NOT the next new coach :blink:

A portion of this board is going to explode if some people dont get their Pelini as the coach. Rants and tirades and so on. Sure hope it doesnt come down to that. Whoever Dr. Tom picks, I'm okay with.

Though I must admit the same thing -- what happens when Pelini is NOT the next new coach :blink:

If Pelini turns out not to be the head coach, we can all go back to these posts and call bs on all these so-called insiders. I'm sure there are going to be a lot of disappointed Pelinistas, if we hire someone else. They'll be the ones during the next coaching regime to remind us what a huge mistake we made when we didn't hire Bo. That won't be annoying. No, not at all.

My neighbor is a state senator, and he said the same thing that Callahan's buyout will be roughly around $2.3 and the University has a $2 million limit on Pellini. Bo is willing to leave LSU depending on the conference title game. Most likely, he will not attend it --to jump start recruiting. If we are to attend a bowl game, he might or Watson will coach. Common sense would tell me that we would have to interview a few more candidates or suffer the wrath of Jesse Jackson etc... I think Jesse threatened us last time we searched for a coach. If it is all true and Bo is the next coach (ticking time bomb) I hope we can get Marvin Sanders to come back and be the DC. I think Bo is a great choice for a short term solution. I have reservations about the long term and his temperment. I think we would tire of him in about 4 years. I love his style for an assistant coach, but have a few reservations about him being our HC. He just gives me a weird vibe. The cool thing is our cupboard is not bare. We will be back and in the hunt for the north next year regardless who is coach. Even if BC is allowed to return with new DC.

Screw jesse jackson, al sharpton and all those racist ass', they have never even held a real job in life, they only get paid to screw with the white folks....I have no respect for them, and for damn sure would never take any threat they made seriously. :asshat

There was something about that Jesse Jackson thing. Remember it was a high profile thing, near the top of the sports news list nationally. I can't remember if Ernie Chambers was involved but he probably was, I mean if he wasn't busy suing God at the time. You know he will get involved this time. Race is going to play a role in this...it is just a fact of life. It is funny how race is kept off of all job applications and that is supposed to keep race out of it but when you DON'T interview another race you get accused. I would hate for Turner Gill to get the idea that he is getting interviewed because of his race. Or Marvin Sanders or John Blake or any of the other highly qualified guys who have been a part of college football for so long. Osborne will not fall for it but the media is likely to try to create a story and paint him into a racist. Remember we are coming up on an election year and Nebraska is a republican state. Any excuse to discredit republicans in any form will be exploited by the liberal press. Do not for a minute think the coaching job at NU is immune to this sort of sleaze. I just hope they stay away from the players. That would be terrible but not unprecedented.

I for one would love to see Pelini as our next HC. However, I take great comfort in the fact that TO is doing the hiring. I will be more excited to hear BC is gone than ______ is the new coach.

Exactly! I want Bo also, but its not like everyone else is just garbage. I'd be happy with just about anyone else at this point, but some of the other names that have been thrown out this season would excite me also. I think most just want to make sure that we have Blackshirts again!!

Even a return of Cally/Coz?

You guys are just too funny! :) And thanks, X , for throwing in Solich. Hah hah!

I think y'all know what ah mean.

If Pelini turns out not to be the head coach, we can all go back to these posts and call bs on all these so-called insiders. I'm sure there are going to be a lot of disappointed Pelinistas, if we hire someone else. They'll be the ones during the next coaching regime to remind us what a huge mistake we made when we didn't hire Bo. That won't be annoying. No, not at all.

It'll be BO. Don't worry. :nutz

You guys are just too funny! :) And thanks, X , for throwing in Solich. Hah hah!

You really mean Craig Bohl?

a_bohl_i.jpg

You really mean Craig Bohl?

a_bohl_i.jpg

if it wasnt for his horrible history with us (which doesnt look so bad now) that could be a legit idea