The recruiting isnt that good

Even though recruiting looks to be improved, (#1 now), by the time it is over, they won’t be in the top 5, maybe not top 10. NU's average stars are 3.3, which isn’t much better than FS's last 2 classes (3.05/3.17), and is not nearly as good as the top teams, such as OU, USC,LSU. The last I heard, Beck is not all he is cracked up to be, and the rest of the recruits (with a few expections) look average at best. NU has 20 commits, just a couple left to give, and the top major recruits have not committed. bc's recruiting is just more hot air served up by sp.

Don’t expect things to get any better while bc and co. are still here, especially with the tough schedules to come in 2006/7. Besides, recruiting can only take you so far, you need to have GREAT coaches to maximize the talent, which this staff does not have.

Even if the recruits get better, who's gonna coach 'em? When bc's recruits go 5-6, who is he gonna blame?? This is gonna get much, much uglier. The best bc and co. will do at NU is a possible Big 12 North title, and a second rate bowl game. They will never, ever win the NC, Big 12, or get a BCS game, you can take that to the bank!!!! :up :up

To Dave: I meant exception. Sorry, my dyslexia gets the best of me sometimes!

To newearthhusker: The last I checked, Solich has a Big 12 ring, and a couple of BCS games, a couple of accomplishments that callahan will never get!

As far as Beck, I heard Jeremy Crabtree say that this is a down year for qb's, and Beck has not performed up to expectations. Said he has been outplayed by qb's that were thought to be lesser quality.

:box

Just found something interesting in my reading tonight. From 1990-1998, Nebraska averaged 14 in its recruiting classes. So all those who want a return to the talent of the 90s, that's what you're talking about. Of course we all know that the reason those teams were good was because the way Nebraska coaches and the program could maximize the talent they had. But I guess we need a top five recruiting class now, because these clowns don't know how to maximize anything.

Just found something interesting in my reading tonight.  From 1990-1998, Nebraska averaged 14 in its recruiting classes.

What were Frankies recruiting classes ranked? I'm just interested.

Probably just as good as Osbornes on average.

In my opinion those rankings are overrated for many reasons but especially if your running a option offense. They rank players based on a pro game. If your running and option offense, you don't need awesome wr's, you need good blockers and good route runners. Option qb's don't get rated near as high either. Just my opinion but you aren't going to have as highly of rated class if you run an option offense.

Osborne or Frank never went after the "top" guys because they didn't need to. They wanted the players that no one else was really interested in because of the style of ball they were playing. Callahan, on the other hand, wants the players that everyone else wants. It just comes down to differences in what they were trying to accomplish, not the rankings themselves.

While it's nice to see that the Huskers have a great recruiting class according to others, the ranking isn't the most important thing. The most important thing is that the coach gets the guys that he wants and that he believes will thrive.

Osborne or Frank never went after the "top" guys because they didn't need to. They wanted the players that no one else was really interested in because of the style of ball they were playing. Callahan, on the other hand, wants the players that everyone else wants. It just comes down to differences in what they were trying to accomplish, not the rankings themselves.

While it's nice to see that the Huskers have a great recruiting class according to others, the ranking isn't the most important thing. The most important thing is that the coach gets the guys that he wants and that he believes will thrive.

agreed, good post.

agreed, good post.

Man are guys gonna hug?