The recruiting isnt that good

I don't know if its been done, but wouldn't it be a cool documentary to follow the "recruiting trail" of a college trying to get some kid to commit. It would be interesting to see the process work, how they identify players, what they send them, what they say to them, the official visits. We have a local paper where I live in Cali. that is following certain local recruits. One guy, Averell Spicer, is a big d-line/fullback out here. He visited Neb. and Ok. had him out for the Ok - Neb. game. Basically is taking his time doing a full evaluation before he commits. He said Neb. was at his house already, followed by Fl. st. He seems to be leaning toward USC or Fl ST.

Recruiting experts. Look at what teams finished in the top 5 in the country and then look where there recruiting classes rated. I don't think any of the top five team in the country had a recruiting class that was rated in the top 10. Look at Texas, they have year in year out, the best recruiting class and can not win the big one. Callahan is dreaming if he thinks recruiting will solve all his problems. He needs to spend sometime looking at his staff and what changes need to be made there. WE NEED SOME NEW COACHES, AT LEAST DEFENSIVELY.

Recruiting experts.  Look at  what teams finished in the top 5 in the country and then look where there recruiting classes rated.  I don't think any of the top five team in the country had a recruiting class that was rated in the top 10.  Look at Texas, they have year in year out, the best recruiting class and can not win the big one.  Callahan is dreaming if he thinks recruiting will solve all his problems.  He needs to spend sometime looking at his staff and what changes need to be made there.  WE NEED SOME NEW COACHES, AT LEAST DEFENSIVELY.

2002 1. Texas 2. Ten. 3. Georgia 4. FSU 5. Ohio ST 6. Auburn 7. OU 13. Usc 40. Neb

2003 1. LSU 2. Florida 3. USC 4. OU 5. Miami 11. Auburn 42. Neb

2004 1. USC 2. LSU 3. FSU 4. Miami 5. Michigan 8. OU 21. Auburn 27. Neb

These are from Rivals. It looks to me that the top 3 teams in the nation are usually in the top 10 or right around there.

Recruiting experts.  Look at  what teams finished in the top 5 in the country and then look where there recruiting classes rated.  I don't think any of the top five team in the country had a recruiting class that was rated in the top 10.  Look at Texas, they have year in year out, the best recruiting class and can not win the big one.  Callahan is dreaming if he thinks recruiting will solve all his problems.  He needs to spend sometime looking at his staff and what changes need to be made there.  WE NEED SOME NEW COACHES, AT LEAST DEFENSIVELY.

2002 1. Texas 2. Ten. 3. Georgia 4. FSU 5. Ohio ST 6. Auburn 7. OU 13. Usc 40. Neb

These are from Rivals. It looks to me that the top 3 teams in the nation are usually in the top 10 or right around there.

And I'm guessing we were right around them numbers in the 90's aswell.

Even I agree that Frank wasn't the best recruiter. But I also agree with Benard that the coaches he brought on in 2003 are great recruiters, and would have made a huge difference. They would have at least returned the recruiting to the level it was in the 90s (which wasn't all that high). Newearthhusker, where did you get the info for the Husker class ranks for 2002-2004? I looked a while for them, but could only find the top 25.

Even I agree that Frank wasn't the best recruiter. But I also agree with Benard that the coaches he brought on in 2003 are great recruiters, and would have made a huge difference. They would have at least returned the recruiting to the level it was in the 90s (which wasn't all that high). Newearthhusker, where did you get the info for the Husker class ranks for 2002-2004? I looked a while for them, but could only find the top 25.

On rivals after the top 25 it says next below the list.

Year Rank

1991 10

1992 28

1993 14

1994 20

1995 8

1996 4

1997 19

This information courtesy of sports illustrated's website SI.COM

Year Rank

1991 10

1992 28

1993 14

1994 20

1995 8

1996 4

1997 19

So we had two bad years when darlington and tenopir got to old to recruit.

Rivals is over-rated....I don't understand the Idea of paying for info you can get on a google seach...also, if you guys are goin to pay for the crap info...then don't bash it, a good recruitin class shows on the field.....when we recruited in the top 20 we won...when we did'nt we lost.

If any of you arm chair QB think its a bad thing that BC wants to land blue chippers, then you really have lost touch with reality...as far as BC needing coaches to take over the Defense, let me ask you one question....WHERE is the talent on Defense??????????????

There in not one NFL caliber player on the team...not one...and don't say Herian, please, he has a bum wheel....and Ruud will never make it in the NFL....Hell Ruud would not evan start on most of Osborne's teams....but I'm sure that means nothing to the BC haters.....go suck on Crabby and throw darts at BC...I'm goin to work.

To Dave: I meant exception. Sorry, my dyslexia gets the best of me sometimes!

To newearthhusker: The last I checked, Solich has a Big 12 ring, and a couple of BCS games, a couple of accomplishments that callahan will never get!

As far as Beck, I heard Jeremy Crabtree say that this is a down year for qb's, and Beck has not performed up to expectations. Said he has been outplayed by qb's that were thought to be lesser quality.

:box

Beck's stats were down because his team was better. He didn't need to throw as much and he ran more this year. Beck is the real deal.

Year Rank

1991 10

1992 28

1993 14

1994 20

1995 8

1996 4

1997 19

So we had two bad years when darlington and tenopir got to old to recruit.

But the point is, those two bad years were about the same as Solich's best years. In other words, our recruiting in the '90s was far better than it was under Solich.