Time To Apologize

BigWillie

I don't think anyone deserves the death threats that he has gotten, and I don't believe that someone's family should be dragged through the muck, but when you take a position, and don't do the job that people expect, I don't think it is out of line to criticize someone.

Yeah, email your heart out if you were attacking his family or even taking it to a personal level...if you make death threats - there are laws that will put you in jail...and it is really stupid to think that calls can't be traced back to you with todays technology...you deserve what you get if your stupid enough to make a death threat.

The fact remains, the defense has gone to a all time low in Husker history...it is not out of line to criticize the job that Cosgrove has not done. He has managed to take one of the top defenses and run it into the ground in 4 years. He should face criticism. I make no apology for myself for criticizing him for what he has done. He is paid the big bucks, as is Callihan to produce...they haven't. All you have to do is look at our record or where we stand in the country defensively to see that. Someone should answer...and I don't hear any answers besides Billy Boy telling us that we aren't smart enough to understand his system. What I am smart enough to know is we are going down the scale instead of up. They are not making the money that they are paid...which is considerable.

Like I said, if you personally attacked him, or his family, you should be emailing....but if you are criticizing the job he has done....no apology necessary.

Ever had a drunk friend try to pick a fight with an innocent person? Guess who is the one that ends up apologizing for the friend? Same situation.

It's cool if you don't want to apologize for the actions that has panted this fan base in a bad light, but that shows me what I need to know about some on this board as well.

Are you saying it was one of your friends that made the call? How about instead of apologizing you turn him in.

I find it insulting to people who post on here when someone get on here and post this stuff when no one on here that I know of would even pull ANY of that crap. How about writing this crap on OWH ( In the stands ) where the person is likely to see it. Yes we all know it's terrible but we have nothing to do with it so stop preaching to us. ( Kind of like someone in AA preaching to me about the wickedness of Alcohol when I only drink a couple times a month.)

It is never OK to threaten a man or his family over a game and I would never do such a thing but I won't apologize for a very very small group of lunatics who do this sort of thing, but if anyone owes an apology it's Coz. In fact I'd be happy to accept a resignation instead of an apology!

I think we are missing the point here. The guy is part of "the family" whether we like his coaching or not. Let's take the job performance aspect out of it. A family is fearing for the life of a loved one. It is no different than KC finding out his kid has cancer. Are you saying you would not send a note that you hope his kid gets through it because he won't change a pass coverage. It is neither criticizing or condoning the job he has done on the field. If it makes you feel better don't make an apology, just send well wishes and leave it at that.

I for one keep all my criticism directed exactly where it should be to Coz the coach and nothing else. I could care less about a coach's personal life. We all need to keep that in mind because at the end of the day it's all about his game preparation and coaching performance on saturday's. I believe it's terribly wrong for people to do anything more than criticize a man's coaching ability. IMO the guy is a terrible coach and having said that I'll continue to criticize his bad coaching performances the right way, on this board and nowhere else.

No one is saying you have to apologize for criticizing his peformance (or lack thereof) as DC. But criticizing a person for their job performance can be construed by some as a "personal attack" especially when you consider HOW some fans have "criticized" him <_<

Let those who have been out of line send apology's. :)

I don't know if I should post this or not but....

I emailed and let them know that I for one and the Vast majority of Husker fans wish no ill will toward him or his family. I feel horrible for the guy. I couldn't imagine going through something like this with my family. I think Most if not all of us here feel the same way.

I did get an email back thanking me for the kind words. I was a bit shocked but it did give me hope that he did receive at least one email stating that Husker Fans do not agree with this type of behavior. It is uneceptable and completely out of character for Husker fans!

I really do hope the best for Coz and his family.

If it makes you feel better don't make an apology, just send well wishes and leave it at that.

No one owes that to Cosgrove. He makes enough money and he should know that coaching is a rough business.

We owe him nothing!

WOW I think we should act like The Best Fans in football and let him know that we do not wish any harm to him or his family. Do not forget that these are people and deserve more respect than a death threat. I for one do not want a black mark on us as fans or on the Husker Nation. Don't call it an apology, call it a classy thing to do. There is no reason he should feel phisically threatened by any fans period.

You people amaze me. Some fan from another team comes on the board and insinuates TO is gutless for hanging onto Callahan too long and someone tells him to get lost and you are all over the guy for not being nice to the interloper. Someone threatens to kill Cosgrove and if he doesn't like it he can go bag fries. Whatever

If it makes you feel better don't make an apology, just send well wishes and leave it at that.

No one owes that to Cosgrove. He makes enough money and he should know that coaching is a rough business.

We owe him nothing!

:yeah If he doesn't like what's happening here he can do us all a favor and quit!

That's crazy, i was a research analyst and if I down graded a stock and people lost money i would get death threats.. Once in the early 90's I had someone who left a VM that said "I hope you can get home to your wife and kids faster then we can get there"... I called my neighbor across the street, he was an x-lineman for Penn State and was in sales, he walked across the street and sat with my family till I got there...

Does that mean that All Investors owed me an apology ? That's F'n nutz

Yes, the certainly do owe you an apology. Death threats are not a solution to anything. Even money is just money, life will go on. The only way you wouldn't be owed an apology is if you intentionally lost them money, which I doubt. People just take things far to seriously.

We owe him nothing!

WOW I think we should act like The Best Fans in football and let him know that we do not wish any harm to him or his family. Do not forget that these are people and deserve more respect than a death threat. I for one do not want a black mark on us as fans or on the Husker Nation. Don't call it an apology, call it a classy thing to do. There is no reason he should feel phisically threatened by any fans period.

I also do not want a black mark on the fan base. But my friend, we are way too late for that. Long before death threats were given, the Husker fan response to the fall of the program was so over-the-top and so childish, cruel and well, arrogant, that the black mark is there. Big and bold. Nebraska mans do not handle adversity any better than do the typical fans --- OK, lets be honest, Nebraska fans handle adversity far worse than do typical fans.

Someone threatens to kill Cosgrove and if he doesn't like it he can go bag fries. Whatever

If you're going to rip this guy's post, then at least be "classy" enough to represent what he said accurately. He never said "if Coz doesn't like getting death threats he can go bag fries." He said that he can go bag fries if he can't take the fans' criticism. Then he said, "Death threats are NOT acceptable and low class. Hopefully they figure out who the dumbazz is." We can all defeat "straw man" arguments that nobody is making. But let's give each other the respect of at least representing their comments accurately before ripping them.

We owe him nothing!

I also do not want a black mark on the fan base. But my friend, we are way too late for that. Long before death threats were given, the Husker fan response to the fall of the program was so over-the-top and so childish, cruel and well, arrogant, that the black mark is there. Big and bold. Nebraska mans do not handle adversity any better than do the typical fans --- OK, lets be honest, Nebraska fans handle adversity far worse than do typical fans.

That's just ridiculous! Don't let the actions of a few morons represent the Husker fan base as a whole. I live in CA and I go back for a game once a year and by far Husker fans are the greatest fans I've ever seen or had the pleasure of speaking with and that doesn't just include Husker fans in NE because I've been to Husker bars around the country and I find the same results. I'm proud to be a Husker fan and I love having the opportunity to interact with fellow Husker fans on this board. I for one know enough about Husker fans to know that I won't let the actions of a few diminish the respect I have for the Husker nation. I'm glad we have this forum to vent our frustrations and criticize whoever deserves to be criticized.