Time To Apologize

BigWillie

Yeah, look at the time the call was made...about closing time at the bars....lol....I would have had a hard time taking that one seriously, myself.

Another point that was brought up that I hadn't thought about...what if it was a fan from another school that made the call just to rag on Nebraska?

I think it probably was someone here in Nebraska, though, that had been at the bar getting all drunked up and discussing the situation with the other drunks, and thought he had to show his manliness to himself by making the call. I know he didn't think about having the call traced...which they have done by now. It isn't impossible to make a call without being traced back to you, but that would take planning, something a drunk at 2 am isn't going to do. This guy will be caught.

Another point that was brought up that I hadn't thought about...what if it was a fan from another school that made the call just to rag on Nebraska?

It is 99.9999999% likely that it was someone right here in Lincoln, who considers themselves to be a Husker Fan.

It's possible that it was some fan of another team just being stupid, but it's highly improbable.

You know what.....in the grand scheme of things it's a friggin game. People take this crap way too seriously. There are bigger problems in life and worrying about Nebraska losing or winning a football game ain't one of them. I don't like the way Cosgrove runs the defense.....so what. The guy will be gone soon. To make a threat like that is classless. Probably some guy who never played a sport in his life. As a former player, I am disgusted. In fact, what I have seen on this board is a joke. Most people have no clue what it means to wear a NU uniform, yet they claim to be experts.

Some folks need to get a life. Instead of living vicariously through some 18-20 years olds. Everyone is an expert and knows what's best for the program......yeah right. Until you have gone through have poured your blood, sweat and tears on the turf.....keep your f@king mouth shut!

Some folks need to get a life. Instead of living vicariously through some 18-20 years olds. Everyone is an expert and knows what's best for the program......yeah right. Until you have gone through have poured your blood, sweat and tears on the turf.....keep your f@king mouth shut!

We're not going to apologize, so go back to sleep now Mr. Cosgrove!

I don't know if I should post this or not but....

I emailed and let them know that I for one and the Vast majority of Husker fans wish no ill will toward him or his family. I feel horrible for the guy. I couldn't imagine going through something like this with my family. I think Most if not all of us here feel the same way.

I did get an email back thanking me for the kind words. I was a bit shocked but it did give me hope that he did receive at least one email stating that Husker Fans do not agree with this type of behavior. It is uneceptable and completely out of character for Husker fans!

I really do hope the best for Coz and his family.

I did the same thing and probably got the same e-mail back. Nothing is more important than your family and their safety. I don't necessarily think we need to apologize to Cosgrove but I do think an encouraging word is appropriate. That's the Nebraska Way. If we're known for anything it's that we're known for our kindness and hospitality. I for one don't want him to leave here with a bad taste in his mouth but unfortunately, a death threat is not something you soon forget.

Thank you for someone finally having some decency around here. Constant harsh words, criticism, and rude comments can be just as bad as a threat over the phone. Cosgrove knows the defense has been bad. Period. He knows it more than anyone because he has lived with it and seen every aspect of it on paper and film and with his own eyes. Maybe take some time to fully read some articles with quotes from him. Yes he truly knows it sucks. So how long do you keep hammering someone in the ground? Keep pushing their buttons and ripping them apart day after day after day.

I don't want to turn this into another big thread where we have to crunch the numbers again and go over the records that have been broken. We all know those already, it's pretty clear and obvious. Just saying that all of the sudden the man gets a death threat on his phone and now people get sensitive a little bit and want to play the nice guy and "how would anyone ever do that to someone" Why don't we consider taking a break from the attacks period. We have all heard the same thing over and over for weeks and weeks now.

Does anyone remember the Columbine High School shooting in Colorado back in 1999? They have journal entries and written statements from the killers that specifically said "we never would have had to do this if people just would have been nicer to us" Those guys finally snapped and shot up a school because they were different than others, dressed differently, etc and people didn't accept them.

Give someone the decency they deserve as a human. You have heard it from the players and the coaches that they respect and admire each other as men and good people. Sure it sucks when your job goes downhill....when things don't go the way you wished, when you fail at something, but that doesn't change who they are. Jobs will come and go and fade away into the past but they will still remain as great people who took on a challenge most of us would never take or qualify with for that matter.

I think people think that everything is alright until someone makes a death threat or something that society views as being immoral. But pushing the line until that happens is fine. I'm not here to start a political post or anything, but just consider it at least. Most of us know the coaching staff will be gone. That seems pretty for sure. So lets just take a break from the ridicule for a while. It's getting a little old I think.

I agree 200%

Everyone complaining about how the kids should think about what it was like in high school, everyone gets made fun of and if your dad is a major college football coach in a state that cares so much about you are going to get some crap. But in high school everyone does, so that is not that big of deal. Dana Altman's daughter and neice goes to my school and my friends and I hating Creighton mess with them a little, but nothing serious, I isn't a big deal for kids getting made fun of so don't make it a big deal.

Now before you say anything I am not saying the death threats are okay in fact I was pretty mad when I heard about it but the kids getting made fun of by other kids doesn't bother me.

Some folks need to get a life. Instead of living vicariously through some 18-20 years olds.

...said the man on an Internet message board.

It's amazing how people will attack each other on a board but probably wouldn't consider doing it in person for the fear that they will get their ass kicked. I love message boards.