Time To Apologize

BigWillie

Personally (and I know this goes for 98% of Husker fans) are outraged at what the Cosgrove's, as well as the entire coaching staff and their families have had to put up with over the last few weeks. It is completely absurd and outrageous for any individual to be ridiculed, beaten down verbally and now have their life threatened over a GAME -- a freakin' GAME! I am truly ashamed, to be honest.

Really, I think we all need to take the time to apologize on behalf of the entire fan base to Cosgrove and his entire family. No matter what we think of him as a coach should not take away from him as a person, nor should it condone the treatment he and his family has received.

I'm going to post the email to Cosgrove (from his bio on Huskers.com) and hopefully we can all send him an apology, along with sending him and his family well wishes in this hard time.

jduff@huskers.com

I know his assistant will likely get overwhelmed with emails, but honestly, he deserves all of our apologies right now, no matter if it was only one person acting like a complete jacka**.

I'm going to post the email to Cosgrove (from his bio on Huskers.com) and hopefully we can all send him an apology, along with sending him and his family well wishes in this hard time.

jduff@huskers.com

I know his assistant will likely get overwhelmed with emails, but honestly, he deserves all of our apologies right now, no matter if it was only one person acting like a complete jacka**.

I just posted one. Thanks for the address.

I don't think anyone deserves the death threats that he has gotten, and I don't believe that someone's family should be dragged through the muck, but when you take a position, and don't do the job that people expect, I don't think it is out of line to criticize someone.

Yeah, email your heart out if you were attacking his family or even taking it to a personal level...if you make death threats - there are laws that will put you in jail...and it is really stupid to think that calls can't be traced back to you with todays technology...you deserve what you get if your stupid enough to make a death threat.

The fact remains, the defense has gone to a all time low in Husker history...it is not out of line to criticize the job that Cosgrove has not done. He has managed to take one of the top defenses and run it into the ground in 4 years. He should face criticism. I make no apology for myself for criticizing him for what he has done. He is paid the big bucks, as is Callihan to produce...they haven't. All you have to do is look at our record or where we stand in the country defensively to see that. Someone should answer...and I don't hear any answers besides Billy Boy telling us that we aren't smart enough to understand his system. What I am smart enough to know is we are going down the scale instead of up. They are not making the money that they are paid...which is considerable.

Like I said, if you personally attacked him, or his family, you should be emailing....but if you are criticizing the job he has done....no apology necessary.

Like I said, if you personally attacked him, or his family, you should be emailing....but if you are criticizing the job he has done....no apology necessary.

:yeah

Well said. Although I don't think it would be out of line to wish him well in the future, even if you were one of the people who criticized him. I want Cosgrove gone from Nebraska like NOW! but I also want him to continue to work and feed his family and raise his kids.

Thank you for someone finally having some decency around here. Constant harsh words, criticism, and rude comments can be just as bad as a threat over the phone. Cosgrove knows the defense has been bad. Period. He knows it more than anyone because he has lived with it and seen every aspect of it on paper and film and with his own eyes. Maybe take some time to fully read some articles with quotes from him. Yes he truly knows it sucks. So how long do you keep hammering someone in the ground? Keep pushing their buttons and ripping them apart day after day after day.

I don't want to turn this into another big thread where we have to crunch the numbers again and go over the records that have been broken. We all know those already, it's pretty clear and obvious. Just saying that all of the sudden the man gets a death threat on his phone and now people get sensitive a little bit and want to play the nice guy and "how would anyone ever do that to someone" Why don't we consider taking a break from the attacks period. We have all heard the same thing over and over for weeks and weeks now.

Does anyone remember the Columbine High School shooting in Colorado back in 1999? They have journal entries and written statements from the killers that specifically said "we never would have had to do this if people just would have been nicer to us" Those guys finally snapped and shot up a school because they were different than others, dressed differently, etc and people didn't accept them.

Give someone the decency they deserve as a human. You have heard it from the players and the coaches that they respect and admire each other as men and good people. Sure it sucks when your job goes downhill....when things don't go the way you wished, when you fail at something, but that doesn't change who they are. Jobs will come and go and fade away into the past but they will still remain as great people who took on a challenge most of us would never take or qualify with for that matter.

I think people think that everything is alright until someone makes a death threat or something that society views as being immoral. But pushing the line until that happens is fine. I'm not here to start a political post or anything, but just consider it at least. Most of us know the coaching staff will be gone. That seems pretty for sure. So lets just take a break from the ridicule for a while. It's getting a little old I think.

I am not asking to be taken to task about Columbine comments. Sorry if I did not clarify it well, I mearly said that because these two guys took comments about them and their appearance and stuff and it ate them up inside before they snapped. It ripped them apart so much. I am mearly saying that comments like that, some people can just shrug them off like no big deal but it can really effect other people. Sure life is all about being critical and improving. I just think that we are the point with the subject of NU Football and Coaches that everything has been said, it is plaid stupid to sit and gawk over and over and shread people to death time and time again. Take a break for a while.

That's crazy, i was a research analyst and if I down graded a stock and people lost money i would get death threats.. Once in the early 90's I had someone who left a VM that said "I hope you can get home to your wife and kids faster then we can get there"... I called my neighbor across the street, he was an x-lineman for Penn State and was in sales, he walked across the street and sat with my family till I got there...

Does that mean that All Investors owed me an apology ? That's F'n nutz

Ok so your taking opinions from a bunch of Husker fans on these boards and turning that around to say we need to stop talking about Coz cause he got a death threat and he might go postal?? He got one an it was sooo far out of line but the police will take care of that.. Our opinions dont mean crap to KC or any other coach out there its apart of the job.. Threats are not.. KC is a big boy I am sure he can take a little trash talking from some fans an plus unless he is on this board he does see the crap we say.. Remeber Mr. I dont read the stuff in the paper an internet..

I don't think anyone deserves the death threats that he has gotten, and I don't believe that someone's family should be dragged through the muck, but when you take a position, and don't do the job that people expect, I don't think it is out of line to criticize someone.

Yeah, email your heart out if you were attacking his family or even taking it to a personal level...if you make death threats - there are laws that will put you in jail...and it is really stupid to think that calls can't be traced back to you with todays technology...you deserve what you get if your stupid enough to make a death threat.

The fact remains, the defense has gone to a all time low in Husker history...it is not out of line to criticize the job that Cosgrove has not done. He has managed to take one of the top defenses and run it into the ground in 4 years. He should face criticism. I make no apology for myself for criticizing him for what he has done. He is paid the big bucks, as is Callihan to produce...they haven't. All you have to do is look at our record or where we stand in the country defensively to see that. Someone should answer...and I don't hear any answers besides Billy Boy telling us that we aren't smart enough to understand his system. What I am smart enough to know is we are going down the scale instead of up. They are not making the money that they are paid...which is considerable.

Ever had a drunk friend try to pick a fight with an innocent person? Guess who is the one that ends up apologizing for the friend? Same situation.

It's cool if you don't want to apologize for the actions that has panted this fan base in a bad light, but that shows me what I need to know about some on this board as well.

Maybe an apology is not something some of us feel we need to express. I did in a maner that just stated that most husker fans, certainly me, do not agree or condone this type of action. I think Coz needs to know, if he has any question about it, that this idiot does not represent the husker nation. That is really all we can do and I for one think he deserves it, heck his family deserves it. He is a coach doing the best he can, even if we feel it is not up to our standard. I guarantee you, this is the last thing and the last position Coz wanted to be in.

I think people think that everything is alright until someone makes a death threat or something that society views as being immoral. But pushing the line until that happens is fine.

Then why don't you enlighten all of us as to where that imaginary line is. If I say Coz should switch up his defensive scheme or blitz more, am I pushing the line toward death threats?

Go read through the "'Breaking News'...Just on KETV Channel 7, Omaha" thread. Nobody here is doing anything close to supporting death threats or terrorizing him or his family.

Perhaps the "line" you should be more concerned about identifying is the line between being a thoughtful member of Husker Nation and a fanatic fringe that misconstrues everything for which we stand. Asking all Nebraska fans to apologize for the extremist fringe's fanaticism is like asking all Muslims to apologize for 9/11.