I read somewhere today that TO will only be wiling to pay the new head coach around 1 million a year. If this is the case I seriously doubt we will be able to bring in any big name.

Yes he was quoted as saying he's prepared to offer between $1 mill and 2mill. Hopefully closer to $1 mill. However there is enough money to pay the next HC more than $2 mill if necessary. :)

The money will only be there if we hire the coach that the big buck booster wants.

We have real problems with this I am afraid.

We will be taking a chance on an unproven again.

No big name coach is going to come to Nebraska, with our recent history for 1 million. I doubt we can get anyone for 2 that has the credentials to do the job.

It will be a lower level head coach or DC or OC from a BCS level team. But no proven head coach. I think Michigan is in the same situation.

I think Michigan thinks they can find another Tressel or Carr.

Miles will be too much money for them. It is not the intial money but the buy out if it is a bust. See ND and Alabama. Miles already has a stipulation that if he wins the NC he is at least the 3rd highest paid coach in the country. And that is a rising rate. So he is going to make over 3 million if he wins. He is not going anywhere is my guess.

That is one of the reasons I feel we will be looking for an unproven HC. Tom has stated he does not want to spend more than 1 million. No top end coach is coming here or to Michigan for that type of money is my guess.

Both will set their sites lower and hope for the right guy. Just as we did the last time