Blow Out Loss or a Win

Hunter94

If we win convincingly, I think there is a 15-20% chance that Cally is retained with a new defensive staff. Anything less and he is gone for sure.

I see what you are saying. Let me throw something out there...

The defense scores 2 TDs, causes fumbles, sacks, interceptions, great field position, etc, and carries the team to a 31-7 victory. Still thinking keep Cally and get a new DCoordinator? In this scenario, a punt return also goes to the house for a 50 yd score, while the offense puts up one touchdown and a field goal. The game is won convincingly. In a different scenario, the offense scores four TDs, a FG, and win 31-7.

I personally would be happy with either scenario, however it would not fuzzy up my thinking. When the season is over, it's over and done. Either 6-6 or 5-7, bring in a new coaching staff and let's move on.

Yup, ...T_O_B

:rollin:rollin:rollin

If we win convincingly, I think there is a 15-20% chance that Cally is retained with a new defensive staff. Anything less and he is gone for sure.

I see what you are saying. Let me throw something out there...

The defense scores 2 TDs, causes fumbles, sacks, interceptions, great field position, etc, and carries the team to a 31-7 victory. Still thinking keep Cally and get a new DCoordinator? In this scenario, a punt return also goes to the house for a 50 yd score, while the offense puts up one touchdown and a field goal. The game is won convincingly.

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

In a different scenario, the offense scores four TDs, a FG, and win 31-7.

I personally would be happy with either scenario, however it would not fuzzy up my thinking. When the season is over, it's over and done. Either 6-6 or 5-7, bring in a new coaching staff and let's move on.

I hope Osborne does'nt change his opinion just because BC might have beat two teams (That most likely would not even make it to a bowl game) at the end of the year.

You are presuming that he has already formed an opinion. Yeah, I think he is going to make a coaching change too, but Osborne has steadfastly said all along that he has not made up his mind, and he will evaluate the coaches at the end of the season.

like many have said, i think TO has been making lots of calls to players and others connected with the program (since he became AD) since cally's tenure, trying to get feedback on how this regime functions.

i suspect he has made up his mind by now. you know he is interested in more than just W's, but how the kids have been handled by these coaches. all the incidents with Octavien, Bowman and others are probably the tip of the iceberg of what has been going on with the D and it sure appears callahan has not got involved much with helping out ole coz, even though he has been excellent in all areas...... :lol:

What incidents with Octavien and Bowman are you talking about? Did I miss something?

I hope Osborne does'nt change his opinion just because BC might have beat two teams (That most likely would not even make it to a bowl game) at the end of the year.

You are presuming that he has already formed an opinion. Yeah, I think he is going to make a coaching change too, but Osborne has steadfastly said all along that he has not made up his mind, and he will evaluate the coaches at the end of the season.

like many have said, i think TO has been making lots of calls to players and others connected with the program (since he became AD) since cally's tenure, trying to get feedback on how this regime functions.

i suspect he has made up his mind by now. you know he is interested in more than just W's, but how the kids have been handled by these coaches. all the incidents with Octavien, Bowman and others are probably the tip of the iceberg of what has been going on with the D and it sure appears callahan has not got involved much with helping out ole coz, even though he has been excellent in all areas...... :lol:

What incidents with Octavien and Bowman are you talking about? Did I miss something?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........ ;)

The CU game is not a make or break game for the coaches. It will play a part in the evaluation, but not significantly more than any other game. If TO is thinking about keeping Callahan for another year, then the CU game will probably have an affect on whether TO forces out Cosgrove. If the defense plays very well, then Cosgrove could survive...

If Coz is back next year, I just hope I'm not driving down the road when I get the news. I don't care if CU has negative 200 yards for the game. There is no reason for Coz to ever set foot on the Husker sideline again!

We won't blow you guys out, we don't have the weapons to do that. We can win, if we stay committed to the ground game and pound the football, but we are not a very good verticle strike team that can score quickly. Ball control ball control ball control.......

you are giving us way too much credit. we can easily get blown out by an average big 12 team. we have proved that several times this year.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........ ;)

Whats the problem? You said there were incidents... I havent heard of any so I was hoping you could enlighten me.

We won't blow you guys out, we don't have the weapons to do that. We can win, if we stay committed to the ground game and pound the football, but we are not a very good verticle strike team that can score quickly. Ball control ball control ball control.......

Well... if I was going to beat the Huskers a strong running game would surely be a big part of the game plan. Don't think we can say it is a W for us.

Just hope that we put up a ton of points and you can't catch up!

so if CU blows us out, what will be the effect on season ending coaching changes?

A presser on Monday to announce the termination of Cally. It will be up to the new coach to assemble a staff. I think it will be done in a calm way by TO, addressing a lot of positives about Cally and so forth.

on the other hand if we win, does anyone think that would save at least Cally's job?

HELL TO THE NO!

The hiring of TO as interim AD mid season was to alert the obvious, that changes would happen after the season.

:bonez:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

This game has nothing to do with us, it has to do with Husker Football. We and this board, have very little to do with Ozzie's decision. My advice, your advice, almost any adice that doesn't come from Warren Buffet and, maybe 5 or 6 other backers meens nothing.

Not a bad group to take advice from.

...T_O_B

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

Yes, Billy C.

our weakness, defensing the run.

I would say thats the understatement of the year :)

Yes, Billy C.

I see you cant answer the question either. Im guessing that this is a rumor that somebody started just to stir the pot...