Give It A Break

T_O_Bull

I'm a sales professional and have bounced from job to job for 25 years. I build territories for other guys mostly because some guy in the Accounting Dept. dedcides that the company can do well with some guy who takes over my spot for less money. I move on.

Callahan and Company came here with the same attitude I did every time I moved on, build something that is totally kick a$$ and keep it rollin'.

Doesn't always happen.

We owe these guys more than we have been giving them and its all over a game.

There are only 4 things I LOVE, My Wife, My First borm Son, My Daughter and Nebraska Football.

We all need to realize that the couches that we are raking over the coals came here with high expectastions, unfortunately they were not up to the task.

Applaud them when they leave the field just as we would an opponent who has either won or lost in "Our House."

...T_O_B

:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez

I'm a sales professional and have bounced from job to job for 25 years. I build territories for other guys mostly because some guy in the Accounting Dept. dedcides that the company can do well with some guy who takes over my spot for less money. I move on.

Callahan and Company came here with the same attitude I did every time I moved on, build something that is totally kick a$$ and keep it rollin'.

Doesn't always happen.

There are only 4 things I LOVE, My Wife, My First borm Son, My Daughter and Nebraska Football.

We all need to realize that the couches that we are raking over the coals came here with high expectastions, unfortunately they were not up to the task.

Applaud them when they leave the field just as we would an opponent who has either won or lost in "Our House."

...T_O_B

Very well said. They gave it their best shot and took far, far, far, far more abuse than was right or reasonable. Poor guys. Will they ever want to coach again after the way they were treated here?

Doesn't always happen.

...T_O_B

Sorry, it's not a good comparison. These guys have been paid mega bucks to do a job, and they have totally failed. Worse, they have squandered the tradition of Husker football.

A better analogy would be, if you destroyed a company because you were incompetent, would you expect to be treated kindly?

Doesn't always happen.

...T_O_B

Sorry, it's not a good comparison. These guys have been paid mega bucks to do a job, and they have totally failed. Worse, they have squandered the tradition of Husker football.

A better analogy would be, if you destroyed a company because you were incompetent, would you expect to be treated kindly? :asshat

:bonez:hellloooo:bonez

Sorry man, I've always known when it was comming.

The comparrison is that I never walked away with a buy out and never left a situation that was not better than when I took it.

None of us understand the level that these people live in, my God, if we fire Callahan he will walk away with more money than most of us will make in a life time.

...T_O_B

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

Doesn't always happen.

...T_O_B

A better analogy would be, if you destroyed a company because you were incompetent, would you expect to be treated kindly? :asshat

The comparrison is that I never walked away with a buy out and never left a situation that was not better than when I took it.

None of us understand the level that these people live in, my God, if we fire Callahan he will walk away with more money than most of us will make in a life time.

...T_O_B

and we should STILL FEEL SORRY for him?? oh well, being in sales gives you a different perspective, i guess?

although i used to be in sales, i got out of it for obvious reasons.

Doesn't always happen.

...T_O_B

...T_O_B

and we should STILL FEEL SORRY for him?? oh well, being in sales gives you a different perspective, i guess?

although i used to be in sales, i got out of it for obvious reasons.

I'm not saying we should feel sorry for these guys, maybe just try to understand their situation.

My friend you never walk away from sales, if you can't sell yourself, then you never suceed at anything because you are constanyly being asked to sell your worth and value to your employeer.

...T_O_B

"We owe these guys more than we have been giving them and its all over a game. "

Yeah, those millions of dollars just aren't enough! We need to start a drive, like a March of Dimes for millionaire coaches who run programs into the ground.

"None of us understand the level that these people live in, my God, if we fire Callahan he will walk away with more money than most of us will make in a life time."

No, we don't understand anything-- it's far too technical for us. Besides, I don't even see how that contributes anything to your argument. First you say we owe them more, then you say that by simply getting fired he'll make more than most/all of us ever will. Maybe you can connect points A and B a little bit better rather than using "we're too dumb to get it" to fill in the obvious gap in your reasoning.

"Callahan and Company came here with the same attitude I did every time I moved on, build something that is totally kick a$$ and keep it rollin'."

Good, great, I hope they were well intentioned. If they came here with the explicit purpose of running the program into the ground, they should be sued. No one ever said that they didn't start out with the best of intentions but I don't care if the cop was trying to shoot a bad guy when he shot the baby or if the pilot really *was* trying to hit the runway when he smashed the plane into the swamp; their good intentions won't fix any mistakes made or devastation wrought as they bungled their way through their job.

You're really all over the place here but well-intended ;)

Geez, I feel bad for your other sons!

:bonez:angry::angry::bonez

My family needs no sympathy from you.

My son is my first, and only male child, and the first civilian clothing he wore way a Husker jersey that had been worn on the field during a game.

My daughter wore the same jersey less than 18 hours after she was born and she will now be a freshman at the University of Nebraska, Lincoln next year. Living out of state costs us about $17,500. a year more than an in-state student but cost has never been a consideration, she is RED through and through.

We don't need your sympathy, WE ARE HUSKER NATION!!!

...T_O_B

:bonez:angry::angry::bonez

If memory serves me correctly, I don't remember it quite like you do. I remember Clownahan getting fired. I remember Pud nearly peeing himself when a big name popped up that finally said yes because that big name was without a job due to being a $hitty coach. I remember Coz coming in because Alvarez said leave or I'm gonna fire your dumb a$$. I don't remember the "pack" coming to town to get things rolling before moving onto the next gig. I remember a bunch of wannabee unemployed people coming into Lincoln. It's kind of funny in a miserable sort of way looking back at Pud's list. Nutt(less) fired at Arkansas, Clownahan close behind, and more than likely within a year or two "Stache" will be shown the door. All losers!

Doesn't always happen.

...T_O_B

Wow those must be some nice blinders on. can i have a pair? First of all if he would admit they need to get better and quit saying they are doing their best would go a long way. Two if callahan acted like a coach and fired his dumb ass DC like any other coach would he probably wouldn't be playing his last game on friday. Third it would be nice if he got that stick out of his ass cause i think it is in too far and causing him to be delirious about his coaching.

If memory serves me correctly, I don't remember it quite like you do. I remember Clownahan getting fired. I remember Pud nearly peeing himself when a big name popped up that finally said yes because that big name was without a job due to being a $hitty coach. I remember Coz coming in because Alvarez said leave or I'm gonna fire your dumb a$$. I don't remember the "pack" coming to town to get things rolling before moving onto the next gig. I remember a bunch of wannabee unemployed people coming into Lincoln. It's kind of funny in a miserable sort of way looking back at Pud's list. Nutt(less) fired at Arkansas, Clownahan close behind, and more than likely within a year or two "Stache" will be shown the door. All losers!

Sorry my friend, I've been a Raider fan since they were still in the AFL, probably before you were borm.

Cally has screwed 2 (all) of my teams. There is no forgiving in my heart. I just want them gone. IT'S NOT PERSONAL, IT'S BUSINESS. If you don't get it , well I;m sorry.

...T_O_B

I get what he is saying to a degree. The coach is being fired. He is a human being so lets showe some class and not trash the guy.

I get that. Unfortunately there is very little respect for him left after basicly holding our program for ransom until his buy out.

I will show class in saying good bye bill. Good luck with your life.

Then after he leaves the room I would say.... NEXT!!