I have no respect, just hate for CU

I dont think I have respect for CU, but I wont deny that it's always a good anticipation game. I would rather see us play them somewhere in the middle of the season. I think when both teams are battling with 10-1 records, then it becomes more important & the hype gets justified.

I dont hate CU. But I dont like them. They have put together some really good teams over the years. Just have never liked their head coaches & some of their player's jacked up pre & post game comments. But so far I havent developed a bad taste about Hawkins yet.

Oklahoma...undoubtedly Nebraska's biggest all time rival. We fought hard against those guys for sooo many years, and I respect them allot. now we have this lame rivalry with CU...which really isn't a rivalry. One big reason for me is that I have no respect for Colorado. They have no tradition, class, or style in their game. Their fans are trashy, their players are trashier, and their coaches are trashiest. They talk smack they can't back up, and recruit with strippers...

All in all, I just don't respect them like I respect OU. I just really hate the team so much...not in a healthy way at all. Anyone else feel that way or is it just me?

A really good rivalry might emerge if unhealthy attitudes like yours were not prevalent. So, if you would like to contribute towards a better situation, I'd suggest you change your attitude. Do you seriously think that all Colorado fans, their players, and their coaches are trashy? Come now, that would not even be possible.

They just root for a different team. Thats all.

Sure their fan base got out of hand a few times --- but have you seen how our fans have treated our coaches and players after just a few losing seasons? Fans are fans. They are good when they win and are consistently good when their team consistently wins (like NU fans for decades). As soon as they lose, the fans are, well... just look at NU fans now. No different than fans of any other struggling program.

So, cut our friends in Colorado some slack. On average they are just like us. People are people.

My Son is an OU grad and attended there when Tom and Barry were going at it every year. He and I both have always had the utmost respect for the Husker football program. He now lives in Boulder, attends all home games and he is livid over the attitude of the CU fans. They are obnoxious, arrogant asses (mostly) and treat visiting teams with little or no respect. I have often wondered how the entire focus of one fan base can deteriorate to the CU level. And even more puzzling is how does one "fix" it?

There are a couple CU fans around here who I would consider to be good fans. Respectful and knowledgeable.

Over all No I dont care for their football program our over all fan base.

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

There will always be idiots in any fan base. Unfortunately they are also the ones you always hear about.

Those of us who get thru "the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat" without losing our dignity are the true Husker Fans who have, over the years, built the reputation we now enjoy. I'm sure the same can be said for the majority of CU fans.

A bad apple is just that and the rest of us in the barrel need to expell these bad ones.

HSKRNOKC is right, Beach Buff is a good example.

Hate, real hate, is something best used to fight your mortal enemy, not for a schools football opponent.

...T_O_B

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

Would someone tell me why Husker fans are the greatest fans in the country? I think after the last few years we seriously need to give up that notion. Maybe once people can quit cussing out the players and coaches and stop whining on the internet like a bunch of teenage myspace junkies, we can think of ourselves that way again. Until then, that notion is really more of a sham than people claim Bill Callahan to be.

Sorry to butt in to your anonymous internet CU hate-fest, but I've met plenty of CU fans that are just great. They come to Lincoln, spend their hard earned cash, sit next to us at the bars and chat us up like great college football fans. But I digress. You can go back to your screwed up priorities now.

Ditto

Oklahoma...undoubtedly Nebraska's biggest all time rival. We fought hard against those guys for sooo many years, and I respect them allot. now we have this lame rivalry with CU...which really isn't a rivalry. One big reason for me is that I have no respect for Colorado. They have no tradition, class, or style in their game. Their fans are trashy, their players are trashier, and their coaches are trashiest. They talk smack they can't back up, and recruit with strippers...

All in all, I just don't respect them like I respect OU. I just really hate the team so much...not in a healthy way at all. Anyone else feel that way or is it just me?

I'm tempted to not legitimize this slander festival with a response, but I just can't help myself here.

1. No tradition? We've been playing football longer than you. We have a National Championship. We have a Heisman Trophy. We've got a big stack of Butkus awards. We have a Big XII title. We have several Big 8 titles. Does our history of success stack up against Nebraska's? Absolutely not, but to say that CU has "no" tradition is absolutely baseless and preposterous.

2. What exactly is trashy about our players? And what in the world do you think is trashy about our coaches? Dan Hawkins is 40 times the man Bill Callahan will ever be... I really don't think you have a leg to stand on here.

3. CU was never accused of recruiting with strippers, some small fry recruiting assistant got some strippers to come to his hotel room when he was traveling on the university's dime. He was fired, and since then it has been revealed there have been greater tragedies in the history of this planet than some guy in his early 30's trying to rub one off in his hotel (and by the way, CU has been found guilty of ZERO of the charges brought against them in 2004, so you might want to do some fact checking before the next time you start slinging mud).

Props to the rest of you Husker folks, I'm well aware the rest of you are a lot healthier about this rivalry than homeboy at the top of the page here. You guys keep on keeping on... less than 48 hours now... :box

I'll enjoy sticking it to Fowler again. He puts on an unbiased act, but can't always hide the smirk or snide remark about Nebraska. And he has such a grasp on reality about Colorado. Last year when gameday did a piece on their woes, he talked about what a shock it was for a program that he claimed was "perennially in the top 25".

In truth, it had been about 1/2 the time or less, no matter how far you went back in time, and you had to go back 10 years before you could find a year where they stayed rated the entire year, and only twice since then had they finished ranked. A stretch from '89-'96 does not make it one of the all-time powers.

http://www.appollarchive.com/football/index.cfm has the weekly AP rankings.

Perennially ranked, indeed.

I'll enjoy sticking it to Fowler again. He puts on an unbiased act, but can't always hide the smirk or snide remark about Nebraska. And he has such a grasp on reality about Colorado. Last year when gameday did a piece on their woes, he talked about what a shock it was for a program that he claimed was "perennially in the top 25".

In truth, it had been about 1/2 the time or less, no matter how far you went back in time, and you had to go back 10 years before you could find a year where they stayed rated the entire year, and only twice since then had they finished ranked. A stretch from '89-'96 does not make it one of the all-time powers.

http://www.appollarchive.com/football/index.cfm has the weekly AP rankings.

Perennially ranked, indeed.

For the record, CU was ranked at some point during the season in 2005, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 99, 98, 97, 96, 95, 94, 93, 92, 91, 90, 89, and 88. Of course, we weren't ranked from the 60's through the new millenium, but I think it's still more than fair to say that CU's program within the modern era more than qualifies as a "perennial top 25 team".

I think most fans outside of Colorado would agree that Fowler is one of the least biased college football journalists in the country. He lets people know what school he went to every now and again, but he doesn't just pander to the school when it's not warranted.

What is the deal with everyone blasting this guy for hating Colorado? How much B.S. has this team/program/university pulled over the years not to warrant at least a little hatred? First, what's the deal with the students? What are they wearing to these games? Its not a Widespread concert so the hippies should dress appropriately. Once they get there its normally not appropriate to engage in behavior (throwing trash on the field, throwing snowballs with rocks hidden inside) that would casue entire sections to be kicked out of the stadium. Whats the deal with the CU-CSU game? It seems as though every other year cops are shooting tear gas into the stands to deal with unruly fans who are riping seats out of Mile High. Neuishesal (sp?) was a real class act and Barnett ("she was just terrible") wasn't much better. Has anyone gotten to the bottom of this whole Colt Brennan rape/transfer to Hawai'i deal? On a side note, I don't think I could count how many of those jerks were ticketed for open-container violations when they came to Athens last year.

I apologize about the rant, but I think many legitamite reasons exist to REALLY not like CU.

For the record, CU was ranked at some point during the season in 2005, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 99, 98, 97, 96, 95, 94, 93, 92, 91, 90, 89, and 88. Of course, we weren't ranked from the 60's through the new millenium, but I think it's still more than fair to say that CU's program within the modern era more than qualifies as a "perennial top 25 team".

I think most fans outside of Colorado would agree that Fowler is one of the least biased college football journalists in the country. He lets people know what school he went to every now and again, but he doesn't just pander to the school when it's not warranted.

Drifting into the top 25 for two or three weeks, as they did a few of those seasons, does not make for a

perennial top 25 team. I'm not saying it has to be a consecutive streak week, but it should be clearly more weeks than not.

I just really hate the team so much...not in a healthy way at all. Anyone else feel that way or is it just me?

You're right. It's not healthy to hate someone that much because of the team they cheer for. I don't think you are alone though, sadly. I know many that share your hate. Maybe if I had been there to take a piss balloon to the face or something I would feel that hate.

I remember the student fans that trashed the field. They made a terrible name for themselves. It doesn't mean I hate them. I don't believe everyone in the state is trashy either.

What is the deal with everyone blasting this guy for hating Colorado? How much B.S. has this team/program/university pulled over the years not to warrant at least a little hatred? First, what's the deal with the students? What are they wearing to these games? Its not a Widespread concert so the hippies should dress appropriately. Once they get there its normally not appropriate to engage in behavior (throwing trash on the field, throwing snowballs with rocks hidden inside) that would casue entire sections to be kicked out of the stadium. Whats the deal with the CU-CSU game? It seems as though every other year cops are shooting tear gas into the stands to deal with unruly fans who are riping seats out of Mile High. Neuishesal (sp?) was a real class act and Barnett ("she was just terrible") wasn't much better. Has anyone gotten to the bottom of this whole Colt Brennan rape/transfer to Hawai'i deal? On a side note, I don't think I could count how many of those jerks were ticketed for open-container violations when they came to Athens last year.

I apologize about the rant, but I think many legitamite reasons exist to REALLY not like CU.

CU students wear gold t shirts and Buffs jerseys to games... is this somehow uncommon? Should they be wearing pads and helmets too?

In 2005, 4 or 5 CU students threw some water bottles at an empty corner of an endzone. In 2002, 2 or 3 Nebraska fans throw some water bottles at a CU player after he scored a touchdown. Which is worse in your opinion, oh sage of the Southeast?

Tear gas was fired once in Mile High Stadium over 10 years ago, and it was a COMPLETE overreaction from the Denver Police (they still get flack for that absurd reaction). The last time I checked, a one time occurrence does not qualify as a semiannual event. "The deal" with the CU/CSU game is that it's one of the most underrated rivalry games in the country, with the past 6 contests being decided by an average of 4 points per game.

No one has gotten to the bottom of this whole Colt Brennan rape/transfer deal, as the allegations brought by the girl were thrown out of court (judges citing a complete lack of evidence) half a dozen times before it snuck in to a civil appellate court earlier this year. You'll see CU completely exonerated of these preposterous charges within the next calendar year.

I'd have to hear what constitutes an "open container violation" in Athens to comment on your last jab, but this sounds to me like a situation where the laws in Colorado are different than those in Georgia. This happens often with travelling fans, for instance, did you know that U turns are illegal in Tempe, Arizona? I didn't until the 2001 Fiesta Bowl, that's for damn sure.

Thanks for being such a sweet, articulate man. Don't you change a bit, you're just precious!

Well, I'm not sure how any CU fan plays the obviously sarcastic

Thanks for being such a sweet, articulate man. Don't you change a bit, you're just precious!
stupid card on a UGA graduate, but it is kind of amusing in a cute way.

First, http://web.dailycamera.com/photos/1126buffs/23.jpg is a great link to cement a couple of my points. One, you have CU students either dressed like idiots, or lacking clothing (also notice wrist tattoo and sketchy beard). Two, the look on Chief Replica-Jersey's face doesn't exactly scream "yes officer."

Second,

At one point the crew's eyes welled with tears, not from emotion, but from tear gas fired into the Mile High stands at 1999's University of Colorado-Colorado State football game.
What year is it now? Not quite 10 years. What else is fabricated in the earlier post?

Third,

On January 28, 2004, Brennan entered the dorm room of a University of Colorado coed uninvited and, according to the coed "exposed himself and fondled her."[2] Brennan, who was intoxicated at the time of the incident, was arrested and eventually pleaded guilty to charges of burglary and trespassing, but a guilty verdict for unlawful sexual contact was vacated by the court for lack of evidence. [1] After the incident, which was caught up in the middle of the time when CU was flooded with other accusations of sex crimes and revelations of wild recruiting parties involving Colorado football players, Brennan was almost immediately kicked off the team.
Why do you plead guilty to such charges if you have no legitamite reason to be found guilty? The second part of the quote was left in for effect.

Fourth, this seems pretty universal and self-explanatory,

Sec. 6-3-8. Open containers.

(a) "Open container" defined. The term "open container," as used in this chapter, means any bottle, can, glass, cup or other vessel which contains an alcoholic beverage not in its original container. The term "open container" shall also mean the original container of an alcoholic beverage and which contains an alcoholic beverage on which the seal has been broken or which is otherwise ready for consumption.

© Possession of open container prohibited. It shall be unlawful for any person to have in his or her possession any alcoholic beverages in any open container while on the public streets, sidewalks or rights-of-way, or in any public or semipublic parking facility within Athens-Clarke County, Georgia.

To everyone else reading, I apologize for taking up so much space, but I'd like to think that I have some legitamite points.