Announcement - timeframe tomorrow

i'd be surprised if we hear anything tomorrow.

I would be, but why tell people to check early? and why give a timeline for a decision and announcement?

I understand that Dr. Tom does not want to steal thunder from the UNO playoff game or the BB game, and

I know it does not say the decision will be tomorrow, but you have to wonder.

I think that any official announcement won't come until Sunday or Monday. Dr. Tom (out of respect) will give the coaching staff the chance to brace themselves for the media onslaught and other important decisions that they have to make concerning their families and such.

That doesn't mean I won't have the TV programmed to ESPN tomorrow for any word!!!

The Solich firing WAS a bomb. I'd estimate that half the Husker Nation was shocked. After all a 9-3 season with an improving defense and a bowl trip seemed to indicate a definite turn around.

A Callahan firing would NOT BE A SURPRISE! I doubt if more than 3-5% of the Husker fans would be in favor of keeping Callahan.

The announcement might not come out till Monday, but only because Tom is a exceptionally gracious.

Frankie was a good assistant coach and thats it.

He was NOT a good head coach.

He ran that stupid Millard North Offense.

He had NO ingenuity.

I was glad he got fired.

He was the one who started the decline in NU football.

I felt the same way at the time. I also thought Pederson would be able to see how well the staff gelled at the time and would've kept them together presumably by hiring BP or TG. What a collossal misjudgment by Pederson!

Brian Rosenthal of LJS just reported that he should start looking for emails as early as 6:30 AM...

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2007/1...78861326879.txt

candy-ass comment by McKeon, glad hs is gone. it is going to take a whole new attitude by the defensive players to even be competitive next year, let alone be blackshirts again.

McKeon has always made excuses and has never taken responsibilty for anything. I am glad to see that turd gone. I hope that does not warrant a warning from mods but I have to say it again...he's a turd!!