Are we in for a rude awakening tomorrow?

I'm a little nervous here. I have a feeling that we might wake up to find that while the DC and most of his staff is gone, the HC will still be Callahan and his OC staff will still be here. I guess I have some questions. What WAS Callahan hired to do when he came to Nebraska? He was hired to change the system and he did. Did it work? Doesn't look like it but he did do what he was hired to do. Has offense been the problem these past four years? No, it's always been defense it seems although today the offense fell apart after the first mistake with no apparent repair. It's so confusing! I mean, just a year ago we were Big 12 North champions. Do we forget all of that? I doubt I get much sleep tonight! Regardless, Go Big Red. Even though I was born and raised in Missouri, I've now lived in Nebraska longer than I lived in Mo and am as Husker Red as a transplant can get. I've lived through the glory days of the Osborne era and simply want to get back there. My personal hope is that I wake up to headlines that read: New Staff Coming to NU led by Nebraska Great TURNER GILL.

One can only hope-

GBR!

TLS2

I'm a little nervous here. I have a feeling that we might wake up to find that while the DC and most of his staff is gone, the HC will still be Callahan and his OC staff will still be here. I guess I have some questions. What WAS Callahan hired to do when he came to Nebraska? He was hired to change the system and he did. Did it work? Doesn't look like it but he did do what he was hired to do. Has offense been the problem these past four years? No, it's always been defense it seems although today the offense fell apart after the first mistake with no apparent repair. It's so confusing! I mean, just a year ago we were Big 12 North champions. Do we forget all of that? I doubt I get much sleep tonight! Regardless, Go Big Red. Even though I was born and raised in Missouri, I've now lived in Nebraska longer than I lived in Mo and am as Husker Red as a transplant can get. I've lived through the glory days of the Osborne era and simply want to get back there. My personal hope is that I wake up to headlines that read: New Staff Coming to NU led by Nebraska Great TURNER GILL.

One can only hope-

GBR!

TLS2

Just wondering what would T.O. reasoning be to keep him? Since T.O. has taken over the AD job the team has went 1-4 and the games have'nt really been competitive and that was what he been judging Callahan on.

One can only hope-

GBR!

TLS2

NOT GILL.

PLEASE NO, NOT GILL.

One can only hope-

GBR!

TLS2

NOT GILL.

PLEASE NO, NOT GILL.

Why not Gill................?

I thought he was hired to not let "let this program gravitate to mediocrity" and "not surrender the Big 12 Conference to Oklahoma and Texas."

Seems like he failed those two directives pretty convincingly. Except we surrendered the conference to KU & MU in addition to the others and are fighting ISU and Baylor for the cellar.

Don't worry. BC has no chance of surviving this. TO was brought in to bring the Husker nation back together and get things going on the right track again. If BC stays it would have a devastating effect on fan base and IMHO put sell-out streak is in serious trouble. TO knows this and will not let it happen under his watch.

One can only hope-

GBR!

TLS2

NOT GILL.

PLEASE NO, NOT GILL.

Why not Gill................?

Why Turner Gill would be the better question. If you tell me he is the perfect fit because he played here I'm going to throw-up. Please, Please come up with something better than that. He's proven nothing so far, nothing that would support making him the NU HC.

Hey, he didn't surrender the Big 12 to Texas/OU......He surrendered it to KU/MU...(this year)....... Job well done

no, it very easily could be OU this year also.......

and you point out how offense has not been the problem, and how it has been defense.. where was that offense late last season? Correct me if i'm wrong, but in the Big 12 Championship game against OU, we scored 7 points.. they scored 21.. only 7 of those 21 came from a drive that OU actually had to sustain, the other 14 were given to them by putting our D with their backs against the wall.. in all honesty, our defense held that game close.. this year, our defense blew.. it sucked.. so everything has been the problem at one point or another, and who says next y ear it wont be both that have the problems.. i don't see any possible way that Cally is around for another year...