The next offense scheme..

I expect a version of the spread option. When run right it is a total nightmare do defend, and it is great at getting the ball to playmakers in space(assuming of course the coach knows what he is doing)

Yes, the "Sproption" is the offense we need. Turner Gill would make this shine !

I would go back to a either a pro-set or I-Formation, perhaps not neccesarily an option offense, but with Ganz you could have that wrinkle in there. I would definately get back to a fullback and go back to being able to run down the ball down people's throats.

Be careful what you wish for. :thumbs:corndance:corndance:thumbs

I just hope we continue to run the style off O that we have run the past 2 weeks.. No was can say that it didnt work...

That of course will be up to the new HC. I agree with you though because it looked liked the huskers finally did something right on offense... :bonez

honestly, KSU and CU are bottom feeders in the Big 12. not a good measuring stick for offensive performance.

I think we need some balance. A good inside and outside game. Maybe a version of the Spread/Pro set. I think in todays game you either spread the field and get a running/mobile QB or you get a solid balance game like LSU or USC. Both seem to run the ball well and balance out the calls. Then again, this all depends on the defense and if the score is lopsided for the opposing team. I think we need a defensive minded coach who can bring a great OC in to run a balance set.

Obviously some form of spread O will be implemented...after all it is what Tom favors. What I really hope is that the new HC will be able to adapt it to the type of players he has (especially at QB). If we have an athlete like Pat White or Tim Tebow, emphasize the QB running game. If the QB has the ability to pick apart defenses like Chase Daniel, emphasize the spread passing attack. Just my $0.02.

I just dont want to see us try and go back to the damn wishbone

When did NU ever run the wishbone? Answer - never.

Actually, TO ran it a few times in the late 80's...maybe 2-5 times a game in a couple of games. I specifically remember it against FSU in a Fiesta Bowl...and yes, it was a true wishbone set. However, I don't remember him running an option out of it, I remember it being more of a decoy than anything else...