It's Time this happened

T_O_Bull

I've been a Husker Fan for 37 years and I mean loyal to the point of fanaticism.

I'm beginning to feel a little bit cheated. This has nothing to do with the football program it has always filled my plate with all I can eat and I am totally satisfied, but as a Husker Football Fan I want more. I grasp at every scrap of news about Husker Football I basically live for the 4 months a year during which Husker Football reigns supreme. What I want and what I believe Husker Nation deserves is something more from an athletic department that yes gives us good baseball, good volleyball, good bowling, ect. but nothing that approaches the passion that we have for football. What I want is a Basketball Program that is competitive and begins to make a name for itself. I don't want to take a vacation from being a Huskier Fan for 8 months out of the year. I want something to fill the void. TO if you are to add to your legend, if you want to be anoited as a Husker God then take some time and build a basketball program that I can talk about in March.

Guys I think this :boxosoap rant deserves to be here in the football chat because it is the opinions of Husker Football Fans that I am looking for.

...T_O_B

I've been a Husker Fan for 37 years and I mean loyal to the point of fanaticism.

I'm beginning to feel a little bit cheated. This has nothing to do with the football program it has always filled my plate with all I can eat and I am totally satisfied, but as a Husker Football Fan I want more. I grasp at every scrap of news about Husker Football I basically live for 4 months a year during which Husker Football reigns supreme. What I want and what I believe Husker Nation deserves is something more from an athletic department that yes gives us good baseball, good volleyball, good bowling, ect. but nothing that approaches the passion that we have for football. What I want is a Basketball Program that is competitive and begins to make a name for itself. I don't want to take a vacation from being a Huskier Fan for 8 months out of the year. I want something to fill the void. TO if you are to add to your legend, if you want to be anoited as a Husker God then take some time and build a basketball program that I can talk about in March.

Guys I think this :boxosoap rant deserves to be here in the football chat because it is the opinions of Husker Football Fans that I am looking for.

...T_O_B

it's a big job, you have to admit that. but, if we became good, would we be fairweather fans of the basketball team, just like USC football fans, or even Red Sox baseball?

I'm beginning to feel a little bit cheated. This has nothing to do with the football program it has always filled my plate with all I can eat and I am totally satisfied, but as a Husker Football Fan I want more. I grasp at every scrap of news about Husker Football I basically live for 4 months a year during which Husker Football reigns supreme. What I want and what I believe Husker Nation deserves is something more from an athletic department that yes gives us good baseball, good volleyball, good bowling, ect. but nothing that approaches the passion that we have for football. What I want is a Basketball Program that is competitive and begins to make a name for itself. I don't want to take a vacation from being a Huskier Fan for 8 months out of the year. I want something to fill the void. TO if you are to add to your legend, if you want to be anoited as a Husker God then take some time and build a basketball program that I can talk about in March.

...T_O_B

it's a big job, you have to admit that. but, if we became good, would we be fairweather fans of the basketball team, just like USC football fans, or even Red Sox baseball?

I love college BB. Its fantastic. Lets face it, pro ball, no matter what pro ball, is so money orientated that they have extended thier seasons to riduculous lengths. College has the proper perameters and also the level of passion that is a perfect fit for the time frame that starts in Sept. and ends April 1st or there abouts.

Give me a basketball team and my life is complete.

..T_O_B

Give Doc a chance. He may go down as one of the few good things stevie p did as AD.

Granted, the BB team dug themselves a big hole this afternoon, but they kept fighting till the end.

Sadler was a Pederson fluke. And thank goodness.

Sadly, with so many incoming freshman this fall, it's going to be a lot of what we saw last year: Doc drilling fundamentals until the cows come home. But I LOVE watching a Sadler-coached team play. They play HARD, and though they didn't have the greatest record last season, no one can say they didn't play to the buzzer every single game.

And isn't that what matters? :bonez

How about the baseball team?

And our team needs to watch film of Mizzou if they want to see fight and motivation!

They kicked butt tonight! And I was for Kansas. : ( MO. deserved to win.

I was going to say that about the baseball team...they are always pretty decent. And...if you want some entertainment during the off-season, tune in for some ISU basketball games. Our guys make every game seem like a circus.... <_<