Recruiting in Trouble

IMO, we have a problem with recruiting that will get worse before it gets better.

With Kansas and Missouri coming into their own, the competition for recruits in those states is getting tough.

I've seen this happen at Syracuse. Rutgers, UCONN, and Boston College were nowhere and Syracuse could get any player from NJ, CONN., or Mass. Granted 'Cuse has other issues to sort out, but I've noticed a massive drop in recruiting from those states.

USC was horrible for years and UCLA and Stanford reaped the benefits.

S. Florida took recruits from Miami and look what they've accomplished.

NU has to get back to the homegrown talent and get competitive in the Big 12 to take those Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Iowa, and Texas recruits.

One day, one thing at a time I suppose.

IMO, we have a problem with recruiting that will get worse before it gets better.

With Kansas and Missouri coming into their own, the competition for recruits in those states is getting tough.

I've seen this happen at Syracuse. Rutgers, UCONN, and Boston College were nowhere and Syracuse could get any player from NJ, CONN., or Mass. Granted 'Cuse has other issues to sort out, but I've noticed a massive drop in recruiting from those states.

NU has to get back to the homegrown talent and get competitive in the Big 12 to take those Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Iowa, and Texas recruits.

Exactly, all these people on here talking about how great it is to see Missouri and Kansas finally having success, must not have appreciated the Wistroms, Berringer and Brandenburg etc. We won't be seeing near as many defections from those states as long as those teams are good. :hmmph

Exactly, all these people on here talking about how great it is to see Missouri and Kansas finally having success, must not have appreciated the Wistroms, Berringer and Brandenburg etc. We won't be seeing near as many defections from those states as long as those teams are good. :hmmph

God forbid we enjoy teams from the Big XII North doing well, right? Shame on us for getting tired of hearing the Big XII North slandered every time college football is talked about.

Last time I checked, most of us were Nebraska fans, not Big XII north fans, so you'll have to forgive some people if they dont give a sh#t how Missouri & Kansas do.

I don't care if you don't want anyone but Nebraska to win. I have no problem with that. It's you, however, that seem to have a problem with others enjoying the success of other teams in our division/conference.

God forbid we enjoy teams from the Big XII North doing well, right? Shame on us for getting tired of hearing the Big XII North slandered every time college football is talked about.

Go ahead and enjoy it. Just don't come crying to me if you get sick of enjoying it 5 or 10 years down the line. I know KU fans were proud of our success when we beat them 30 some odd years in a row. :sarcasm Missouri just won the Big 12 north, post your shirt size and mailing address and I'll send you a Mizzou shirt.

I have always enjoyed seeing teams from the Big XII do well. I don't criticize those who want every team in the Big XII but Nebraska to suck, even though I don't understand the mentality. And out of all the crying, whining, and bitching that has been done by Husker fans lately, I'm pretty sure I have added very little to it, so I don't see myself doing it in the future.

Nice attempt at a troll post, though. 6/10

Last time I checked, most of us were Nebraska fans, not Big XII north fans, so you'll have to forgive some people if they dont give a sh#t how Missouri & Kansas do.

I don't care if you don't want anyone but Nebraska to win. I have no problem with that. It's you, however, that seem to have a problem with others enjoying the success of other teams in our division/conference.

Well, if something is good once, it should be good if it happens all the time, right. If I kick you in the head 30 times that would be bad, right? But according to your logic if I kicked you once it would be ok....refreshing change.

So if someone told you before the season started that the Big 12 north champ would be decided between KU and MU, you would have said "great"? Some husker fan.

I have always enjoyed seeing teams from the Big XII do well. I don't criticize those who want every team in the Big XII but Nebraska to suck, even though I don't understand the mentality. And out of all the crying, whining, and bitching that has been done by Husker fans lately, I'm pretty sure I have added very little to it, so I don't see myself doing it in the future.

I think my post was hijacked.

Who said anyone wanted them to suck? The point is to win the conference. How are we supposed to enjoy losing?

Speaking of trolls, check your condescending attitude in your God forbid, shame on us post. :asshat