Mushberger - what an A$$hat

Syzygyone

During the MU KU game last night, did anyone notice how the A$$hat Muchberger start whining that schools needed to be more patient with coaches and pointed to Pinkle and Mangia as examples. Clearly intimated that NU had moved to quickly. Know it all Brent said the proper time frame was 5 years and that NU should have waited. Did anyone else notice that he also claimed Callahan's departure was due to the improvements shown by KU and MU!

They really ought to ban that moron for the airwaves.

I didn't notice that but what I DID notice was that he wasn't calling the game. He spent more time talking than he did calling the game. I hate that. I don't care about some famous person on the sideline! I'm trying to watch the game! I just wish he would do his job if he is a PBP man. If he can't do it, get someone else who can. It's suppose to be a football game not a talk show!

Sounds like Brent was speaking the truth. What did he say that wasnt true?

Throwing out an arbitrary number of years to characterize an "appropriate" amount of time to evaluate a coaching staff is "true" in what way?

Furthermore, why is 5 years so much more sufficient than 4? Mangino and Pinkel were stuck at or below .500 during their 5th years as well, as I recall. What about next season would have been so much different than this season? Callahan has already proven that he can't develop the talent that he recruits, so what good is another year going to do? If you can't avoid downright REGRESSION in your 4th year, with all of your own players, with the amount of resources that Nebraska coaches have, then you deserve to have your contract re-evaluated.

And why does one good season suddenly make Pinkel and Mangino shining examples of why patience is such an indispensible virtue for athletic departments? For f#*k's sake, the season isn't even over yet! It looked to me like the Jayhawks were having some problems handling the hype last night. And let's not forget that Mizzou still has to go play the same Oklahoma team that completely shut them down when it counted (4th quarter) earlier in the season. Mizzou chokes in every tough 4th quarter situation, and I'm afraid the 4th quarter of their season is upon them. I've been wrong about many things this season, though, so we'll see how it turns out.

Let's see what Mangino and Pinkel do next year. Let's see what they do in 2 or 3 years when Rucker, Coffman, and Maclin are all cashing NFL checks and they have to develop new talent. I'm not saying they can't do it, I'm just saying it's pretty early to annoint Mizzou and KU the new "powers" of the Big XII. Anomalies happen every season. We'll see how things shake down in the next month/six months/year. Then you can have at least one more fractional claim to speak the "truth" than you do now.

Actually, HC Pinkel had a winning record in year 3, 5-6 year 4, then 7 wins in year 5, 8 wins last year, and currently at 11 this year.. Solid progression with a hiccup in year 4.

You keep talking about Missouri choking in the 4th quarter of their season... Geez, they went undefeated in November... I know you aren't used to MU winning, but this program is in great shape, great athletes at all positions...

MU is not going anywhere.. might as well get used to it!

Can't stand the guy at all. It amazes me that the announcers know more about everything than the actual people involved. Mushburger can't call a football game and now not only do I have to hear the idiot doing football they moved him into NASCAR!

Why can't these networks hire someone worth listening too and doesn't have a know it all attitude.

I believe TO said four years was enough -- didn't he say something like "how it was done too" referring to the blow outs this year.

Throwing out an arbitrary number of years to characterize an "appropriate" amount of time to evaluate a coaching staff is "true" in what way?

Furthermore, why is 5 years so much more sufficient than 4? Mangino and Pinkel were stuck at or below .500 during their 5th years as well, as I recall. What about next season would have been so much different than this season? Callahan has already proven that he can't develop the talent that he recruits, so what good is another year going to do? If you can't avoid downright REGRESSION in your 4th year, with all of your own players, with the amount of resources that Nebraska coaches have, then you deserve to have your contract re-evaluated.

And why does one good season suddenly make Pinkel and Mangino shining examples of why patience is such an indispensible virtue for athletic departments? For f#*k's sake, the season isn't even over yet! It looked to me like the Jayhawks were having some problems handling the hype last night. And let's not forget that Mizzou still has to go play the same Oklahoma team that completely shut them down when it counted (4th quarter) earlier in the season. Mizzou chokes in every tough 4th quarter situation, and I'm afraid the 4th quarter of their season is upon them. I've been wrong about many things this season, though, so we'll see how it turns out.

Let's see what Mangino and Pinkel do next year. Let's see what they do in 2 or 3 years when Rucker, Coffman, and Maclin are all cashing NFL checks and they have to develop new talent. I'm not saying they can't do it, I'm just saying it's pretty early to annoint Mizzou and KU the new "powers" of the Big XII. Anomalies happen every season. We'll see how things shake down in the next month/six months/year. Then you can have at least one more fractional claim to speak the "truth" than you do now.

Actually, HC Pinkel had a winning record in year 3, 5-6 year 4, then 7 wins in year 5, 8 wins last year, and currently at 11 this year.. Solid progression with a hiccup in year 4.

You keep talking about Missouri choking in the 4th quarter of their season... Geez, they went undefeated in November... I know you aren't used to MU winning, but this program is in great shape, great athletes at all positions...

Funny 4 years ago you couldn't find a Missery fan outside of Columbia. Now the message boards are infested with them! Don't worry my friend. Stoops will break it off in Pinkels crack and then you can keep clicking your heals and saying "there's no place like Missouri". In other words your "cinderella season" is about to strike midnight!

Funny 4 years ago you couldn't find a Missery fan outside of Columbia. Now the message boards are infested with them! Don't worry my friend. Stoops will break it off in Pinkels crack and then you can keep clicking your heals and saying "there's no place like Missouri". In other words your "cinderella season" is about to strike midnight!

Exactly.

I LOVE all the Mizzou fans coming out of the woodwork saying "GET UZED 2 IT CORNHEADS WE'RE GUNNA f#*k YOU IN THE ASS FER THE NEXT 50 YEARZ WE'RE NOT GOIN ANYWHEARZ!!!!!" 10 good games doesn't "establish" your program.

Did anybody else see the "Kansas Football: A Tradition Since September" sign that a Mizzou fan was holding at the game last night? Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing about Missouri football just a few minutes before I saw that sign.

*Although I believe somebody got his Cinderella and Wizard of Oz references short-circuited.

Different situations...KU and MU were horrible when Mangino and Pinkel took over. they literally had to build from scratch with no talent. Callahan took over after a 10-3 season and went straight to 5-6 "installing his system". He was too arrogant to play to the strengths of the players until he got "his" players.

He got a few more wins over the next two years, but still had a lot of losses. The only decent team Nebraska beat over the last 4 years was Michigan in the bowl game. Nebraska won the Big 12 North last year in a season in which noone seems to want to win it. You forget, we could have easily had a losing season in 2006 if it hadn't been for Zack Taylor and some late game heroics.

This year Nebraska dropped off the radar. Recruiting and developing defensive players in his system apparently wasn't important. The players were weak and unmotivated.

Perhaps you would rather have seen a couple of 1-11 or 2-10 seasons before you were convinced. Musberger would have loved that, he has never been a Nebraska or Big 12 fan.

I can't speak about Kansas' patience with Mangino, but if you flipped his record this year upside down, he would be gone or close to it. Pinkel was floundering with great talent, trying to turn Brad Smith into a pocket passer. He changed his offense to something that worked and now they are flourishing. BC changes nothing. Things were going to be done his way and everyone just had to adjust. Apparently, he was also going to wait until the right defenders came along who could make Cosgrove's system look good. Since bionic football players are against Big 12 rules, BC and KC are gone.

I can remember Mussberger talking about Florida State on that CBS pro pregame show (the one with Jane Kennedy) in '80 and how they were going to go to Lincoln next week and kill the Corhuskers. His hatred for NU goes way back. Yes FSU won 18-14.