I may be out of my mind but if Dr. Tom never would..

..have retired, I honestly think that we would have easily won 2-4 more national championships, and USC would not be the "power" that they are thought to be.

With the parity in college football, just watching how our team played, if we would have been half as physical as were were in the 90's, I think we could have beat teams so badly they never would have wanted to play against us. Sure, we may have had to make modifications on offense, but if we could have remained that physical and had that mindset, we would still be a team that was in the hunt for the NC annually.

Any thoughts?

I would have loved to have seen how TO would have used Eric Crouch and Bobby Newcombe...not to mentioned he would have been able to bring in another star running back. I think he could have had 1 more NC for sure.

Also, we would be already running the spread option, and this whole West Coast experiment never would have happened.

Course he probably does'nt get part of the 97 NC without retiring.

No way. The only reason Michigan was in the discussion that year was because ESPN/ABC needed to hype their Rose Bowl broadcast.

No, Michigan was in the picture because we had to have a "miracle" catch against Mizzou.

Oh yeah.

But they meant to do that so Matt Davison could have a good career after football.