Interviews - no Johnson, no Kelly

Interesting that he believes Johnson and Kelly are not on the list...

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=310293

No offense to you but how the hell does this guy know if either of these guys have even been contacted? At this point in time all these reporters are doing is speculating. It's their job to do so. Besides today is only the first day of the work week. I have a feeling TO isn't done with his interviews on Day 1.

No offense to you but how the hell does this guy know if either of these guys have even been contacted? At this point in time all these reporters are doing is speculating. It's their job to do so. Besides today is only the first day of the work week. I have a feeling TO isn't done with his interviews on Day 1.

If Paul Johnson doesn't get interviewed i would be very surprised. Honestly I think that he's probably the best pick outta Bo Pelini and Turner Gill. He has more experience and he can win wherever he goes.

Hey, that why it is in the rumors...

I actually think Dr. Tom will be done with interviews either today or tomorrow. He is only going to interview 4-5 people, and he has already completed two (maybe even three). If he finishes today or tomorrow, the offer goes out and we have a press conference by Thursday.

:yeah

No way does this guy know squat. He's just writing an article.

:yeah

No way does this guy know squat. He's just writing an article.

It sounded like T.O. using the search firm sent out feelers to some coaches that would be interested in coaching at Nebraska. This way he not asking people that have no interest in Nebraska and don't have them all claiming like Urban Myer and all the others that they have no interest when Stevie (I have no clue what I'm doing.) Pederson did his one man search commitee.

This just might mean they had no interest or T.O. never considered them to send out feelers. He will most likely interview everyone that was interested in the job that he sent feelers out to before he decides. He'll probably take everything in to consideration and decide who will be the best fit for Nebraska that he's interviewed.

Whatever happens I think will happen fast. You'd have to be a world class idiot to not jump on the Nebraska job, and from what Tom has indicated, most of the legwork had begun before the firing occured. All that's left is for the interviews to finish up over the next couple days and the announcement to be made. It sounds like all the pieces are in play. If we didn't have a press conference by next Monday I'd be a little surprised.

The only thing that could draw it out is if the number 1 choice held out on us for some reason, which I don't see happening if he's already expressed interest and gotten the interview.

X