27 of 56 bowl teams......

Blackshirt

..graduate less than 50% of their players! I know I shouldnt be shocked, but to see this on paper kinda blows your mind. How the hell does this happen at a major school? [/rhetorical question] Because considering all the amenities available to assist with the graduation process, thats just plain pathetic.

Doesnt NU football graduate 90+%?

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Twenty-seven of the 56 schools with bowl-bound football teams graduated less than half their players, according to a study released Tuesday.

This year, the NCAA reported that 54 percent of all football players graduated, an increase of 3 percent over last year. The general student body rate was 60 percent and the overall student-athlete rate was 62 percent.

The schools with the worst graduation rates, both overall and for black players, were Pittsburgh and Texas. Pittsburgh had an overall graduation rate of 31 percent and 20 percent for black players. Texas had an overall graduation rate of 34 percent, 33 percent for its black players.

Syracuse (78 percent overall, 69 for black players), Notre Dame (78 and 74) and Boston College (77 and 76) had the best graduation rates overall and for black players.

I heard on the radio last week that College Basketball is like 31%. They said Okie St had a 1%. That is pretty sad.

At least with basketball, it's slightly more understandable, given the raft of early entries to the pros that it experiences over football. For football, there simply is no excuse - most of those players are never going to be good enough to make it in the pros anyway, and most aren't early exits.

I remember a couple of years ago. Cincinnati had a 0% graduatation for like four years in a row. I think that the NCAA needs to make some rules to get graduation rates up. Education is to be a kid's first priority. If they would put scholarships on the line then I bet that some programs would get their rates up.

Whats the big deal?  It's all about winning right?  All about winning national titles.  Right pederson?

I don't think he is responding your posts anymore. Shouldn't it be about winning National Titles? Isn't that what every team plays for?

Well yea, until they try to do it in a way you don't like. Then it's about tradition and running the option.

Whats the big deal?  It's all about winning right?  All about winning national titles.  Right pederson?

I don't think he is responding your posts anymore. Shouldn't it be about winning National Titles? Isn't that what every team plays for?

lol. you mean the Pud doesnt respond to the Nard anymore??? oh well i gues that makes sense since he did fire "solich needed" nearly a yr ago now. well theres always the patriots!! :woo