bo/tg are fallback choices

bo/tg are fallback choices...

if TO can't get grobe or johnson or one of the other top guys.

Not a bad backup plan!!

JMO.

Well Grobe is probably out. Signing a ten year extension with a 2mil buyout kind of says "I'm staying here for now."

If he did'nt want the job T.O. would never have interviewed him, since the only ones T.O. interviewing, are the coaches that the search firm sent feeler out to see if they were interested said yes.

What is so bad about Bo. I really have not done much reading into him, but didnt NU take a chance on both Devaney and Osborne when both were hired. Bo will get the kids to play. He has connections and will bring in a good staff. As far as a recruiter I have no idea but that seems to be everyones concern. Half the way through this season everyone was saying he is going to be a coach somwhere and be great. Now the possability that he comes here everyone seems to be against him.

Don't forget Hawks was in Atlanta yesterday, dude is one of the dept's major bankrollers. The buyouts depend on the boosters IMO, if they like a guy they'll pony-up to get him.

Maybe Bo and Gill are back-up choices. I don't know. According to the rumor-mill Ark already made a hard play for Bo(their AD totally wanted him when he was at Pitt). Either that is false or Bo thinks he is getting this job.

Maybe TO is waiting for the post-Army interiew with Johnson to make a decision.

IMO Bo better put the wood to Tenn this weekend. It would make a statement for the locals and potential employers.

What is so bad about Bo. I really have not done much reading into him, but didnt NU take a chance on both Devaney and Osborne when both were hired. Bo will get the kids to play. He has connections and will bring in a good staff. As far as a recruiter I have no idea but that seems to be everyones concern. Half the way through this season everyone was saying he is going to be a coach somwhere and be great. Now the possability that he comes here everyone seems to be against him.

yeah, funny how suddenly he is totally undesirable. no matter who we hire someone will bitch about it.

whoever it is, i hope we give him time and a fair chance to turn this thing around.

I think an anouncement for Bo (if he is the choice) won't come until after the SEC Championship game Saturday. Tom has too much respect for other head coaches to disrupt their team while they are preparing for a game. The same goes for others with a game coming up Saturday. That thinking probably leaves Turner Gill out of the picture since he could have been hired this week.