94 National Title team

chucker21

PSU National Champs.  1968, 1969, 1973, 1982, 1986, 1994, 2005

I'll bet you all the money you have that PSU 05 will not win the NC. Didn't think so. Keep dreaming of titles you'll never win and titles you've never won.

ill bet you all the money you have that you take things way too seriously. Didnt think so. Keep making outrageous bets and answering your own questions.

Youre right. Notre Dame is my least favorite of all teams ever. But that doesnt mean I wont acknowledge they deserved more of the title than FSU did in 93. You guys always conveniently leave out the most important factor. THOSE TEAMS PLAYED EACH OTHER ON THE FIELD. Only someone in Nebraska would be so obtuse i suppose. Ill give credit where credit is due. should have been at least a split. All your analogies and incontrovertible logic break down at this point. They are inaccurate and dont make sense.

The logic didn't break down at all. Maybe you didn't get the gist of the whole argument, which may have been my fault. I'll type slower next time so you can keep up ;)

All I said was you were in an condrum and had to admit to one of two premises - ND in 93 or NU in 94. Either way works for me. Since you admitted to ND in 93, I was right. :thumbs

The funny thing is, there's *no* way we'll ever convice you that PSU didn't deserve the NC in 94 and NU did - so that point's moot.

However, I imagine Chucker has plenty to write about now, so this thread has fulfilled it's purpose.

I can see it now "The Internet and Regional Contention over Historic Decisions - the Case for Penn State University as an Asylum for Revisionist History".

Hope Chuck gets an "A+" on that one. :blink:

IRISH!

Youre right.  Notre Dame is my least favorite of all teams ever.  But that doesnt mean I wont acknowledge they deserved more of the title than FSU did in 93.  You guys always conveniently leave out the most important factor.    THOSE TEAMS PLAYED EACH OTHER ON THE FIELD.  Only someone in Nebraska would be so obtuse i suppose.  Ill give credit where credit is due.  should have been at least a split.  All your analogies and incontrovertible logic break down at this point.  They are inaccurate and dont make sense.

The logic didn't break down at all. Maybe you didn't get the gist of the whole argument, which may have been my fault. I'll type slower next time so you can keep up ;)

All I said was you were in an condrum and had to admit to one of two premises - ND in 93 or NU in 94. Either way works for me. Since you admitted to ND in 93, I was right. :thumbs

The funny thing is, there's *no* way we'll ever convice you that PSU didn't deserve the NC in 94 and NU did - so that point's moot.

However, I imagine Chucker has plenty to write about now, so this thread has fulfilled it's purpose.

I can see it now "The Internet and Regional Contention over Historic Decisions - the Case for Penn State University as an Asylum for Revisionist History".

Hope Chuck gets an "A+" on that one. :blink:

IRISH!

Wow. Im sorry. I didnt know since YOU say the analogies make sense, then they obviously have to. And since YOU provided me with only two options then those MUST be the only two possible choices, right?

Let me switch to NU logic again. Hold on, i have to dumb down. scratch that. ND logic. I have to dumber down.

ok. You are in a conundrum. Either you have to admit ND sucks, or you have to admit PSU is the greatest team ever all time. Either way works for me. :thumbs You are in a conundrum.

No wonder you dont understand how all your logic makes no sense...youre operating on a 3rd grade level.

and yes. first poster has plenty to write about.

Youre right. Notre Dame is my least favorite of all teams ever. But that doesnt mean I wont acknowledge they deserved more of the title than FSU did in 93. You guys always conveniently leave out the most important factor. THOSE TEAMS PLAYED EACH OTHER ON THE FIELD. Only someone in Nebraska would be so obtuse i suppose. Ill give credit where credit is due. should have been at least a split. All your analogies and incontrovertible logic break down at this point. They are inaccurate and dont make sense.

The fact that you guys continue to point to hardware, other teams that got screwed, referees and the patriots only goes to show that you admitting to yourselves, at least on the inside, that you are lucky that NU didnt have to play PSU in 94. Thats my only point. I never said who would beat who. All your grandstanding is facade.

PSU National Champs. 1968, 1969, 1973, 1982, 1986, 1994, 2005

Exactly, my point was the would coulda shoulda bullsh#t you have been spouting is ridiculous. If you wanna be mad at anyone for not getting a shot at Nebraska, be mad at your own stupid school for joining the Big 10 that had the Rose Bowl tie in and made it impossible to match up for a national championship except anyone from the Pac-10. Either way you slice it, you don't win. Move on.

I think that if youll look back at the posts, youll notice that I never once used woulda coulda shoulda anything. Actually, it appears all the woulda coulda shoulda comes from NU posters. Nebraska woulda scored this many. PSU woulda only scored that many. NU coulda won by this many. My entire and only point was if the original poster wanted to write about the 94 team, he should also consider PSU in his content, because it is obvious to any fan of college football that having two undefeated teams from major conferences that didnt play each other and voting one over the other the sole champion is rather absurd. I would say the same if the championship shoe was on the other foot. I would rather win my titles than have them given to me.

Dave, apologies if anything I have written has been construed as a personal attack. My ability to discern fantasy from reality was called into question, so I reciprically questioned the accusers logistical ability. I was just trying to match the ridiculousness of the prior poster. Nothing personal meant.

Dave, apologies if anything I have written has been construed as a personal attack. My ability to discern fantasy from reality was called into question, so I reciprically questioned the accusers logistical ability. I was just trying to match the ridiculousness of the prior poster. Nothing personal meant.

Understood. I just wanted to say something before anything potentially got out of hand,

I think that if youll look back at the posts, youll notice that I never once used woulda coulda shoulda anything. Actually, it appears all the woulda coulda shoulda comes from NU posters. Nebraska woulda scored this many. PSU woulda only scored that many. NU coulda won by this many. My entire and only point was if the original poster wanted to write about the 94 team, he should also consider PSU in his content, because it is obvious to any fan of college football that having two undefeated teams from major conferences that didnt play each other and voting one over the other the sole champion is rather absurd. I would say the same if the championship shoe was on the other foot. I would rather win my titles than have them given to me.

What???

Here are a few lame quotes from you:

It would probably be more accurate if you wrote about Penn State in 1994. Thats if you are writing about the 94 National Champs. I can give you plenty of information if you want.

Huskers may have been pitty voted a title because good ole tommy never won a title before, but they certainly werent the best team. And the country realized this and felt bad, which is why we now have the BCS. Voters did not want to feel guilty about letting their emotions influence their vote between two teams. (Where one coach, who was a 'nice guy' but had never reached the top of the mountain) How lucky you guys were that PSU had Rose Bowl obligations. Good for tommy.

Like I said, you guys are lucky you didnt have to face PSU. And while joe may not have run the score up on old tommy, it wouldnt have been pretty.

I only mentioned that if the original poster wanted to write about the best team in 94, PSU would probably be a better story...

Yeah, right, you were just pointing out that PSU was a good undefeated team that year. No offense, nothing inflamatory there.

Yeah, no dice for benji, either.

LMAO!!! Good for you.

Hopefully he doesn't tear an ACL, then his MCL, his labrum, pull a hammy, snap his achilles, tear his rotator cuff, suffer a concussion, dislocate his leg, arm, finger, toe, head or anything other body part.

I personally would never want that to happen to anyone.

That's funny! Chucker, hope you have something to write about. At least put in your paper the passion between the champs and runners-up. All the stats in the world still won't tell us who would have won because they didn't play head to head. Bennie, good luck next season and hopefully NU and PSU will meet again sometime when it does matter.

Totally agree with you there Benji. Two buddies and I made the trip from Chicago. That stadium, that night was the loudest place I have ever been in. Didn't hurt that PSU was stomping us. :(

Had some bad experiences with a few fans and saw some pretty nasty fights near the student section, but overall everyone was friendly. Had a few cold ones with some PSU guys before the game, pretty cool to hear the other side of 94 and 82. Then of course it took us 4 freakin hours to get out of the parking lot after the game. They could definitely use another road out of that town.