Double Whammy for LSU

LSU also asked them not to talk to him until after the game Saturday so maybe the rumor that they asked Tom not to make an announcement about Pelini until after that is true.

That is what everything is pointing to....otherwise, why would TO be out recruiting? That is a long way from interviewing coaches...and since this is a critical period in recruiting, rather than not having anyone out recruiting, TO chose to get out and do some of it himself. I would bet that any kid that talks to TO will be coming to Nebraska...he has a way. :w00t

I think everything is pointing to Pelini as the next head coach. He will probably be announced on Saturday or Sunday. This article offers some good insight.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200...;u_sid=10196513

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

Good article. I'm leaning this way to Wally I just hope there is a place for Turner Gill. Ofcourse you never know Turner may be happy at Buffalo. Beautiful campus in a nice part of the country and if he has NFL aspirations the Bills are right there in town.

...T_O_B

I think everything is pointing to Pelini as the next head coach. He will probably be announced on Saturday or Sunday. This article offers some good insight.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200...;u_sid=10196513

Good article. I'm leaning this way to Wally I just hope there is a place for Turner Gill. Ofcourse you never know Turner may be happy at Buffalo. Beautiful campus in a nice part of the country and if he has NFL aspirations the Bills are right there in town.

...T_O_B

T.O.B., there is a story this morning that Wash. St. may be interested in Turner. I'd like to see him move up to the big leages.

LSU also asked them not to talk to him until after the game Saturday so maybe the rumor that they asked Tom not to make an announcement about Pelini until after that is true.

That is what everything is pointing to....otherwise, why would TO be out recruiting? That is a long way from interviewing coaches...and since this is a critical period in recruiting, rather than not having anyone out recruiting, TO chose to get out and do some of it himself. I would bet that any kid that talks to TO will be coming to Nebraska...he has a way. :w00t

maybe there are a few other coaches that TO wants to talk to that still have games to play this week end, and is going to wait until after to talk to them.

who still has games to play

Navy plays Army on saturday i know

Spurrier has asked SC to be allowed to talk to Duke. Looks like he may be looking to go back to where he started coaching to end his career.

SI.com is reporting the Duke AD and Spurrier are good friends and the AD was seeking advice from Spurrier

A school spokesman told The Associated Press the two are old friends. Earlier this week, Alleva said he planned to consult with Spurrier during his search for a replacement for Roof, who went 6-45 in four-plus seasons leading the Blue Devils.

SI.com

I seriously doubt Spurrier wants to go back to Duke.