QB Depth??

With the latest addition of Zac Taylor, a juco from Kansas, what exactly does this do to our depth? Have we really improved it? All of these QB's that are there have had zero experience, except for Joe, and well.....we know what that's about. Are we in for a repeat performance? Which QB will get it done? Can we possible expect any of them to get the job done. Lead Nebraska to a winning season next year, possible some kind of a championship??

Please do not get into a rant and rave about the coaching staff, just stick to the players. Because to be honest, that's getting really old.

With Zac Taylor's verbal today, Nebraska now has 3 very decent (or the prospects of being very decent) QB's who will be competing for the starting position. Is there anyone here who thinks Dailey has a snowballs chance in the hell of ever seeing the field again as a QB....much less being a starter? Dailey is looking at 4th string.

Thanks for the verbal Zac! Welcome aboard!

The QB competition this spring is gonna be something very special to watch!

Taylor's stats from 10 games this season:

173/274 (63%), 27 TD, 8 INT, 2682 yards. Played in arguably the toughest JUCO league in the nation. Led his team to the JUCO nat'l championship game. I think since he'll be here in the spring, he'll learn the offense a bit quicker than HB, and we'll have a really good fall competition where he'll eventually be the game 1 starter. Just having some competition will be really be beneficial to all the QB's.

No matter how good Beck is, I can't see a freshman coming in and taking the position - in the sense that they will have mastered the offense. Freshman are inconsistent, and they have to adjust to the speed of the game - not to mention learning the terminology, the check-offs...hell, their team mates names!

I think our next starting quarterback - at least at the beginning of the season - is someone who will be able to go through spring ball. That gives them a head start over any freshman. I still wouldn't be surprised to see Dailey get the nod. Yes, he struggled this year, but for all intents and purposes he was little more than a freshman. While he had a chance to go through spring ball, in every other respect he really had no experience or background.

A number of quarterbacks struggle their first year in the West Coast - the issue is if, and when, they "get it". Dailey may never get it - or he may get it this spring or in fall practice. You just never know.

No matter how good Beck is, I can't see a freshman coming in and taking the position - in the sense that they will have mastered the offense. Freshman are inconsistent, and they have to adjust to the speed of the game - not to mention learning the terminology, the check-offs...hell, their team mates names!

I think our next starting quarterback - at least at the beginning of the season - is someone who will be able to go through spring ball. That gives them a head start over any freshman. I still wouldn't be surprised to see Dailey get the nod. Yes, he struggled this year, but for all intents and purposes he was little more than a freshman. While he had a chance to go through spring ball, in every other respect he really had no experience or background.

A number of quarterbacks struggle their first year in the West Coast - the issue is if, and when, they "get it". Dailey may never get it - or he may get it this spring or in fall practice. You just never know.

Henne from Mich (who also had a freshman tailbackstart this year) did awfully well inleading his team to a BCS bowl. Why can't Beck?

I think Taylor had to choose the Huskers because he has a legitimate shot to be the guy. He has played 2 years of Juco which is more game experience than Dailey. Granted, it is JUCO. And since he is going to be practicing in the spring that gives him a good chance to oust Dailey. I don't think Beck will be the guy next year. Taylor might have been brought in so that Beck can redshirt and be brought along slowly by Callahan. Dailey might even be the starter again next year. There were times when he looked decisive and confident and others when he looked lost. Maybe he will get it, maybe he won't. Jordan Adams is also in the fold and Beau Davis has a year at NU under his belt. It will definitely be interesting.

The addition of Taylor adds a bit more in the competition for QB. Competition at any position is good for all the players involved. However, I tend to agree with AR. I can't see Beck starting next year. He comes to school in the fall and the others who went through spring ball (Dailey, Adams, Davis and Taylor) will all have a leg up on him, especially Dailey being as he played this past year. I woudn't be surprised if they try to redshirt Beck.

I also wouldn't be surprised at all to see Dailey get the nod in the fall. Considering the youth at the position right now, he is the most experienced player. Now if he actually uses that experience to build a better season that 2004,who knows.

Considering how the QB situation worked out last year (Adams getting mono leading to no real competition at the position), this coming spring and fall will prove much more interesting.

I didn't say he can't - I said the odds are against it.  The reasons are the complexity of the offense, the speed of the game in college as opposed to pros, just being away from home, and any other of factors.

I believe Peyton Manning cam ein half way through his freshman year to play. It's not out of the question.

True - and it could happen. If I remember correctly, Manning started due to an injury to the starting quarterback that year. If I'm still remembering correctly, there were actually two "blue chip" quarterbacks at Tennessee that year, and both played.

I didn't say he can't - I said the odds are against it.  The reasons are the complexity of the offense, the speed of the game in college as opposed to pros, just being away from home, and any other of factors.

I believe Peyton Manning cam ein half way through his freshman year to play. It's not out of the question.

Peyton is only the greatest qb to ever play the game though. The guy is amazing. If beck is half that good I would be happy.